All my pictures got deleted

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So I copied my pictures from my old memory card that was in my DX, Droid Pro, Blackberry Touch, onto the new memory card that came with the Razr into the DCIM folder. And when I went to find them on my phone none of them were there, so I plugged my phone back into my computer and they were indeed all gone. Not sure if anyone else has seen this problem or not, I had "most" of the pictures backed up on my computer and I am going to resync them with Windows Media player. Hopefully this won't happen again, or it won't happen to the 8 and a half gigs worth of music I am currently syncing to it. So just a warning to others you might want to have backups of your pictures before putting them on the Razr.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
It may have to do with this old bug: Issue 3692 - android - MediaScanner deletes jpg and gif files - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

There are a lot of comments to sift through at that site. My understanding is that you should put a .nomedia file in a folder before putting any media into the folder.

Apps can innocently trigger this bug. By any chance were you either dealing with .nomedia files or did you install an alternative gallery app or other app that has to do with media files/scanning files?

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nope neither one was just using the default gallery. I will keep an eye on that I do remember that problem when I had my Droid X. Also I just finished syncing all my music and it added itself to the internal memory. So I had to switch it overto the SD card and then change the setting under memory for the SD card to be the primary storage.