All links are opening in new windows!!!!

gmunyifan

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all. Every single link I click on using the stock browser is opening in a new window. This wouldn't be a problem except that after a few links I get a message letting me know that no new windows can be opened andi then have to go in and clear everything out. This is quite possibly one of the most annoying little issues I've run into on the droid x.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? I just want everything to open in the same browser window unless I specifically ask it to open in a new window. Anyone know a fix for this?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Open your browser, go to settings (menu > more) > double check that 'Open in background' isn't enabled. Other than that I'm not sure why this would be happening.

OP
G

gmunyifan

Reaction score
Open your browser, go to settings (menu > more) > double check that 'Open in background' isn't enabled. Other than that I'm not sure why this would be happening.

Yea I tried that both enabled and disabled and its still happening. Is this not happening to everyone? This isn't isolated to my droid x either. Towards the end of my using my droid1 I noticed it happening on that too. Could it be an app I have installed causing it to do this?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yea I tried that both enabled and disabled and its still happening. Is this not happening to everyone? This isn't isolated to my droid x either. Towards the end of my using my droid1 I noticed it happening on that too. Could it be an app I have installed causing it to do this?
happened on your D1 as well?

Yea I'd lean toward it being an installed app not playing nice....

time to list them out :)

I'm also gonna move this thread to the help section :)

jammin5

Reaction score
Unfortunatley the only way I have remedied it is to run Advanced Taskiller. The Verizon tech is the one that told me to do it this way and I have not seen that message again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App