Alcatel's Idol 3 Pre-order Starts April 21st

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
idol-3-x2-premium_5-51.jpg

Alcatel's Idol 3 budget smartphone that previewed at Mobile World Congress will be available for pre-order on April 21st.. The 5.5-inch version of the phone will be unlocked at an online price of $249.99 and orders will start shipping in May. Retail price for the phone will be a slightly higher $279.

The Idol 3 comes in two variants, one with a 4.7-inch screen and the other with a 5.5-inch display. The 5.5-inch model, has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080, an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor clocked at 1.7 GHz, a 13MP main camera, an 8MP selfie up front, and 2910mAh battery. As for the OS, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.

The phone will come with 16 GB of on-board flash, and 2 GB of RAM. Not enough storage? No problem, a dual Sim slot houses the Sim card and an SD card up to 128Gb. The front of the device sports dual front-facing speakers that make the phone an “on-the-go sound system,” according to Alcatel. It’s the first globally released flagship from Alcatel OneTouch, and the company says it will work with every GSM network in the US, including T-Mobile and AT&T. You’ll be able to order it from Alcatel’s US website on the 21st.

Who will be getting one?

Head over to Alcatel USA for more info.

boidsonly

Reaction score
Good to see respectable specs at a great price point. Hopefully the other manufacturers will sit up and take notice...

Reactions: cr6

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a solid phone indeed. I am not familiar with Alcatel build quality, but the specs look very good.

Excuse me, Alcatel, could I get you to build me the same phone, with smaller bezel, front facing speakers and the latest fastest processor for $125 more, with support for Verizon bands (who cares if they bless it or not) and I'd buy it yesterday. Thank you! :)