alarm clock

jiwan

Reaction score
I just bought a droid incredible and can't get the first alarm clock to ring in the morning. I have tried resetting the alarm ten minutes after it should have gone off to see if I set it wrong, but the alarm goes off. I'm having a problem getting the alarm to ring from sleep mode. What am I doing wrong?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jeez, I'm not sure on the Incredible, but here are some thoughts:

-don't use a task killer
-re-check all settings: make sure alarm volume is up, in the alarm app make sure the checkbox next to the alarm is checked, phone is not in silent mode, check "alarm even in silent mode" checkbox

If those don't work, it could be another obscure bug that I've heard about on the Milestone where the phone wouldn't wake from a "deep sleep". OS Monitor or some such app was used to keep the phone from entering deep sleep.

OP
J

jiwan

Reaction score
will the task killer stop the alarm from going off?

shadow man

Reaction score
sure can. put it in the ignore list by long pressing on the alarm clock in your task killer.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Honestly, just take the Task Killer off your phone entirely. They cause much more damage than good. I don't think I've seen a situation yet regrading alarm clocks not working that the Task Killer wasn't the problem. You can do everything you need from the regular systems menu as far as managing your applications. I recommend going that route and save yourself a lot of headaches.