Alarm clock

ntrddragn

Reaction score
not here, im not rooted so...but mine is set at 630 also. and its goes off on time everyday at 630

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
It almost sounds as though your device goes into a super deep sleep, and is unable to wake up to output sound for the alarm.

Are you running a custom kernel? Are you underclocking, undervolting or changing governor?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It almost sounds as though your device goes into a super deep sleep, and is unable to wake up to output sound for the alarm.

Are you running a custom kernel? Are you underclocking, undervolting or changing governor?
That is a great point to be made, i haven't thought of that.... But no custom kernal (my bootloader isnt unlocked), it is very possible one of my apps underclocks though. I know i have juicedefender on. That might be the problem. Ill check it out. :biggrin: I remember my D1 had this issue when i had it set low and it wouldnt receive phone calls(Got yelled at by some peeps for that).

cprtinc

Reaction score
ilikemoneygreen said:
That is a great point to be made, i haven't thought of that.... But no custom kernal (my bootloader isnt unlocked), it is very possible one of my apps underclocks though. I know i have juicedefender on. That might be the problem. Ill check it out. :biggrin: I remember my D1 had this issue when i had it set low and it wouldnt receive phone calls(Got yelled at by some peeps for that).

You should use something like BetterBatteryStats (on XDA or play) to check the output wakelock. You should also try a third party app. I use AwakeDroid. Be sure to enable vibrate as a backup. There are bizzare instances in which the alarm can't find the sound file you set or that your phone might be automatically silencing the system alarm volume

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I use the stock alarm clock app but I'm not rooted or anything. It works well for me; though I have half woken up to music and fallen back to sleep. The alarm says it was silenced after 10 mins. So it sounds like the phone thinks it went off for 10 mins.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem on my Droid 1. I was using a custom ROM. When I used a 3rd party alarm app everything worked as expected.