After Reformating, how to manage applications

endoftheline

Reaction score
I just reformated my original moto droid. It seems to have 2.2.1 already. I have not reformatted my SD card.

I signed in with my google account that I had used before and my contacts were re synced again.

However my phone also tried to download all ~150 applications that I had previously downloaded. Part of the reason I reformatted was to get rid of all of these, and to be able to just manually download a few applications myself.

Is there a way to manage or cancel all these applications from automatically downloading?
I'm wondering if they are linked to my gmail account or are they somehow pulled from the SD card, where some of them were moved to, before I used my phone originally.

I just turned on airplane mode to prevent these hundred of apps from auto downloading right now.

OP
E

endoftheline

Reaction score
I have found the my apps area in the market where you can cancel downloading apps. However now, one app, Google Googles, is stuck downloading and can't be canceled or stopped it seems.

jgiannettict

Reaction score
it is all saved in your gmail account......there is a way to do so they wont download.

Goto: Settings / Privacy / Privacy Settings.....and uncheck Back up my data before the Hard Reset and it should work.

myriad46

Reaction score
You want it to backup your data!! Don't uncheck it, there's another way...

When you get to the original activation screen with the Android, before you sign into your google acccount, tap the 4 corners of the box the Android is in starting in the top left and going clockwise (top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left). Not the whole screen, just the black area the Android is in.

This will skip the activation process. Once you are at your home screen, go into settings and accounts and manually add your google account. Your "My Apps" will be intact in the market, but nothing will reinstall automatically.

Good luck.