After 2.2 update, Twitter for HTC Sense not logging in

thePITman

Reaction score
Before getting the 2.2 update today, my Twitter for HTC Sense widget worked fine. As soon as the update was complete, nothing at all showed up in the Twitter widget. I tried refreshing any way I knew how, but to no avail. So I logged out and went to log back in, and it says that I have an incorrect user name or password. I know the credentials I'm using are correct, but it will not let me log in.

Is anyone else having this issue?

ottenrlh

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I have no idea what to do. Let me know if you figure anything out.

OP
thePITman

thePITman

Reaction score
I have a ticket open with Twitter. They responded today with this link to see if it would help:

Twitter Support : Having trouble logging in from a mobile app?

I followed it, but it did not work for me. Maybe it will work for you, though. I have responded to the Twitter ticket and will let you know if/when I hear anything else from them.

Still unresolved...

Last edited:
OP
thePITman

thePITman

Reaction score
As an update, Twitter for HTC Sense is still not logging in. GRR! I really like that one the best! There are 3 Twitter widgets standard on the Droid Incredible - Twitter (large), Twitter (small), and Twitter for HTC Sense. The first two are by Android. The third is by HTC. The first two sync and work fine. The third does not log in. The Twitter app by Twitter (via Market) works fine, too.

I want Twitter by HTC Sense, since I like it the most, so I'll continue to search for a resolution. But the other widgets/apps are workarounds.

I just found this link, too:
http://androinica.com/2010/08/31/htc-peepfriendstream-down-because-of-oauth/

Last edited:

Gangrif

Reaction score
Exact same issue here. Seems like a problem with the sense app after hearing how you describe it.

bmt626

Reaction score
Sadly this is because HTC never updated peep to use oauth and when Twitter killed basic authentication sessions peep went down with it we will have to wait for a ota to fix this

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Gangrif

Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't heard. Peep is fixed. I didn't notice any update, but peep started working for me sometime on Saturday 9/4.

OP
thePITman

thePITman

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for the update. I just logged in, and it's working fine. I really didn't like the other Twitter apps that much.