Advise on new case Otterbox Defender vs Commuter+holster

Ecco

Reaction score
Alright, I've had an Otterbox Commuter case on my Bionic since shortly after I got the phone in April. At first I was keeping my phone in my pocket, but started to get tired of having to clean all the lint off it. I was happy when my mother got a universal holster with an accessory kit she bought for her Razr and gave it to me because she decided not to use it. This did the trick for a while, but the belt loops/clip are starting to wear out causing the phone to hang off my belt and I often bump things as I walk past because it's sticking out so far.

So, I'm considering either replacing the holster with a Cellet holster that reports to fit the Bionic and still allow access to the headphone jack Amazon.com: Motorola Droid Bionic Horizontal Executive Leather Case Holster Clip Magnetic Closure: Everything Else

Or to just replace my Commuter with a Defender. I want a way to keep the phone on my belt that will last, but I'm curious how much more bulky the Defender is compared to the Commuter when you don't count the holster.

Anyone have any recommendations?