Advance Task Killer = Great battery life???

Ryukashin

Reaction score
So i don't know what program has been keeping my phone awake lately, but my battery drained to 33% in about 2.5 hours. So I decided to reinstall the Advanced Task Killer app I used to use when I first got my OG Droid, and set up the auto kill at screen off. Now i've been unplugged for a little over 6 hours and was at about 75% battery. So even though it would work out correctly that technically suggests 24 hour battery life on the stock battery!?

Has anyone else experienced this?

loonie01

Reaction score
Task killer

Using the task killer is up to the operator. The task killer will help on battery life but on the other side it will slow the phone down because there is nothing stored in the phone memory. So it will take the phone a little longer to boot apps up. It's all on preference. I think I said that right.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's something else then. U might think the task killer helped but in a matter of a couple days it will start making the phone act weird or have a negative effect on battery life.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

OP
Ryukashin

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Pretty much they only reason i'm using it again is there's something about the ROM i'm using that's keeping the phone awake and the task killer has solved it for now. I just find it funny that i got a significant increase after installing.

On the other hand from the UI I've noticed a lot of apps will open and run background for no reason, which might be why I was having the battery drain in the first place.

OP
Ryukashin

Ryukashin

Reaction score
It's something else then. U might think the task killer helped but in a matter of a couple days it will start making the phone act weird or have a negative effect on battery life.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

Maybe, if it does then I'm probably flashing Das BAMF 1.4 again since I didn't have these problems on that ROM.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty much they only reason i'm using it again is there's something about the ROM i'm using that's keeping the phone awake and the task killer has solved it for now. I just find it funny that i got a significant increase after installing.

On the other hand from the UI I've noticed a lot of apps will open and run background for no reason, which might be why I was having the battery drain in the first place.

Nope, that happens with everyone. Apps running in the background do not use up battery, they are more or less just at the waiting or sleeping.

Get rid of the task killer.

OP
Ryukashin

Ryukashin

Reaction score

Nope, that happens with everyone. Apps running in the background do not use up battery, they are more or less just at the waiting or sleeping.

Get rid of the task killer.

Oh I know, linux doesn't allocate memory to background apps, yet one of those apps not only keeps my phone awake, it significantly drains my battery. I don't know what app it is but I know its either a daily use app that I won't delete or one of the system apps.

I didn't create this thread as a task killer bashing thread or to be repeatedly told to get rid of it. So if that is the only thing you're posting, without any useful insight. Please do not post in my thread. Thank you.

In addition, what I really want to know is if there is an easy way to monitor app usage and find out what is preventing phone sleep and causing battery drain.