Adobe Officially Kills Flash for All Mobile Platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So do the current mobile browsers support HTML5? Flash may be a plug in but with HTML5 you are still need a browser that understands the code be it flash or HTML5. Not sure what the real benefit is other then keeping web designers employed. LOL.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Websites use Flash. The idea, though, is apparently to have websites switch to HTML5.
My point was that the vast majority of websites don't use flash so its a non-issue. I visit a flash site maybe once a month, doesn't hurt my battery one bit.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think within a year it simply won't matter as most major sites will move to HTML5... maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I get - especially now after Adobe's announcing this.

I shouldn't have to wait a year to access websites with video.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about this. People went on and on about Flash support until they released it. It was awesome in theory but as many have stated, it's just too resource heavy for most devices. I thought to myself, "What will I need the Android Market for when I can visit Newgrounds and play all the Flash games I want??" ...that is until I actually tried to visit and navigate Newgrounds on my OG Droid. I wanted to shoot someone it was so unbearable. So yeah, I've pretty much never taken (dis)advantage of Flash on a mobile device so it certainly won't be missed. Steve Jobs can have the last laugh all he wants because it would have been just as crappy on the iPhone. HTML5 does indeed look impressive - pretty sure everyone's seen this:

Google Shows How HTML5 Can Run Quake In The Browser | TechCrunch

I'm excited to see how things turn out about a year or two into the transition to HTML5 and how smoothly the advantages of that transition make their way to mobile devices.

Mary2011

Reaction score
I have 2 questions. Can U help me?

• Can i use more than one mobile app advertising network at the same time?
  • Can I also sell my application from my personal website by giving a download link?

Status
Not open for further replies.