Adobe Flash 10.1 running on the X

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Looks pretty smooth.

[video=youtube;u5BpmrgoIn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BpmrgoIn8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Adobe Flash Player 10.1 on DROID X by Motorola[/video]

opcenter

Reaction score
It looked like it worked... but that's all I'll give it. Notice how he was very careful about how he scrolled... he was trying to go nice and slow because that's all it could handle. When he tried to scroll faster, it lagged like crazy... and I'm sure the CPU was pegged.

Personally, I see flash support as a nice to have for occasional situations where you really need it, but I don't have the same vision that Adobe seems to have for it being a good application platform for mobile devices. Until they find some way to hardware accelerate the heck of it, I know I will just be leaving it on "enable on demand" and I imagine that it will be off 99% of the time.

sic0048

Reaction score
I love the timely "cut away" shots when they show the dude sometimes when loading a new screen. Makes it seem like the phone actually loads those pages fast. I bet it doesn't!

I rarely agree with Steve Jobs, but he is right that Flash is a resource pig that will not run well on this generation of cell phones. That being said, I at least want the option of running it on my phone - something you obviously don't have with iPhones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the timely "cut away" shots when they show the dude sometimes when loading a new screen. Makes it seem like the phone actually loads those pages fast. I bet it doesn't!

I rarely agree with Steve Jobs, but he is right that Flash is a resource pig that will not run well on this generation of cell phones. That being said, I at least want the option of running it on my phone - something you obviously don't have with iPhones.

When the X gets 2.2 you'll see a great improvement on this. Also browser settings can be changed so it doesn't hog up more resources.

All and all it runs nicely on my Moto Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Flash runs fine on my Droid with 2.2 :)

Was on Candystand for a while last night....

petemichelle

Reaction score
what if my droid x only has the 2.1. will this work. what flash player can i install and where do i get it. i'm pretty sure i only have the 2.1 not 2.2 froyo