Additional Charges for Exchange Use Holding Me Back On Purchase

DogPaw

Reaction score
I currently have a Moto-Q on a verizion plan and I pay $29.99 a month for the additional data plan. I have my phone synced to the exchange server at my corporate hq and the phone syncs up about every 5 mintues and all has been going well.

I was about to pull the trigger and buy a Droid but I read that Verizion may add an additional $15 a month for the Exchange Service I am using now at no additional fee. It is for work but these days every body is watching the bottom line and I don't want to start turning in even higher monthly bills.:)

Does anyone have any experience with this yet? Will my monthly fee jump to $45 for the data plan becuse of the exchange service?

A

apeshitninja

I'm syncing with my corp Exchange server without paying the fee. What they mean by "Corporate Exchange" is that you can setup an account and sync with a server that Verizon is hosting. If your company has their own Exchange server and had OMA enabled (it's enabled by default), you can set up your account and sync with it just fine using your standard data plan.

Stigy

Reaction score
I'm syncing with my corp Exchange server without paying the fee. What they mean by "Corporate Exchange" is that you can setup an account and sync with a server that Verizon is hosting. If your company has their own Exchange server and had OMA enabled (it's enabled by default), you can set up your account and sync with it just fine using your standard data plan.

Not 100% true.

The "Corporate Exchange" plan applies to business accounts ONLY. For a personal wireless account you can sync up to an Exchange server for NO additional fee. I pay $30/monthly for data and I sync up with my Exchange server at work and I have my email pushed to my DROID.

My work email shows up on my DROID faster than it shows up in Outlook.

Enjoy your DROID!

A

apeshitninja

Not 100% true.

The "Corporate Exchange" plan applies to business accounts ONLY. For a personal wireless account you can sync up to an Exchange server for NO additional fee. I pay $30/monthly for data and I sync up with my Exchange server at work and I have my email pushed to my DROID.

Good catch, I must have misread that somewhere in the pages and pages of Droid related stuff I've been reading lately :)

buzzdar

Reaction score
I wantg a better option than email check of every 5 mins I want instant check for gmail

TomN

Reaction score
Gmail is pushed to your Droid, as opposed to the other pop/IMAP email accounts which are fetched by the Droid at a specific interval.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
5 Minute Setting

The 5 minute setting I mentioned is for the Moto-Q I have now. I can set it to constant but that eats the batteries faster than having it check every 5 or 15 mintues. Hopefully the Droid will have a similar option in the Exchange Settings.

Stigy

Reaction score
Both GMail and Exchange mail on Android are push.

Like I said in another thread, I get GMail on my phone before the GMail website does and I get my work email before my Outlook tells me about it.

Push email is AWESOME! If you would like though you could set the Exchange mail to pull every 5, 15, etc... minutes.

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score

Not 100% true.

My work email shows up on my DROID faster than it shows up in Outlook.

Enjoy your DROID!
Thanks for the info! I have exchange for my school email, so this answer is nice to see! :)