Adding Password to Voice Mail

cmaneri

Reaction score
My former phone was a blackberry and I was able to set up my voice mail to automatically enter my password when I dialed my voice mail. With my droid I need to manually enter my password to retrieve my mail each time.

Does any one know how to program my phone so I can set this and forget it? I'd like to dial voice mail and then let the phone do the rest so I don't have to do it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Edit the VM number to....

XXX-XXX-XXXX,,passcode

OP
C

cmaneri

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....however, my phone is preset so if I hit 1 on my speed dial, it automatically dials VM (*86). I can't amend either that or speed dial 1. What I did do is set up a contact called voicemail, but that requires me to search (no speed dial options). Your directions worked for that, but I'd like to amend speed dial 1 to include the passcode.

Thoughts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Settings>>call Settings>>Voice mail settings>> Edit the *86 to be *86,,password

OP
C

cmaneri

Reaction score
You're a genius...thanks very much for your help and speedy response!!!

canadian63

Reaction score
I have done exactly that for my password and it still keeps telling me to please enter my password then press #.......what am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: THE *86,,PASSWORD DOES NOT WORK. I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. *86p12345#.
That is *86 then p for pause, passcode and #sign all together. Now it works, Whew!

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
You can also just get Google Voice and avoid having to dial any numbers to voicemail. I love that I don't have to use the stock VM app any more. Adding the pause feature into the *86 does work though for those not interested in GV... :)

stargazin

Reaction score
I have tried all the methods described, I tried the comma's (Droids X's) version of the P for pause, and my pass and the # symbol all together with no luck. Nothing registers after the phone number is dialed, either by pressing the voicemail button, or by selecting thru the contacts. I have edited the speed dial Voicemail contact, and thru the settings, call settings, and voicemail settings.

The Droid does not recognize the "P" normally used to insert a Pause. I'm stumped, this is the first phone in years that will not auto enter my VM code!

This, and the no "copy & paste" in Gmail app are fails, outside of this, the phone is Friggin Awesome! dancedroid

ConectUS

Reaction score
I had the same question and the edit feature with the pause-password worked. However on my HTC Incredible it did not work with 2 commas. When I inserted just 1 pause comma it worked fine.

atthehop

Reaction score
I had the same question and the edit feature with the pause-password worked. However on my HTC Incredible it did not work with 2 commas. When I inserted just 1 pause comma it worked fine.

Are you saying *86, password
or
*86,password (no space between the , and password)