Adding music to SD Card changed my ringtones..

myriad46

Reaction score
I added a bunch of MP3s to my SD Card (the actual one) via USB. My alarm clock ringtone was switched to one of the new MP3s, as well as the default notification ringtone. WTF?

It's not that I don't have love for the Beastie Boys, but they make a god awful alarm clock. :-/

Elkay

Reaction score
Mine has reset my ringtone and notification ringtone more than a few times now already. It seems to happen when I plug the phone into the computer I think (not completely tested yet). I think the problem happens when the SD card is unmounted from the phone or is being remounted. Super annoying bug.

OP
myriad46

myriad46

Reaction score
I am using ringtones on external storage for notifications and alarms, but it didn't revert to an on-phone ringtone, which might have made sense inline with the mount/unmount idea. It replaced them with seemingly random mp3s from the ones I added.

Elkay

Reaction score
I am using ringtones on external storage for notifications and alarms, but it didn't revert to an on-phone ringtone, which might have made sense inline with the mount/unmount idea. It replaced them with seemingly random mp3s from the ones I added.

Mine did change to a random one on the SD card once, too. That only happened the first time, though.