Ad wear on Android?

dannar

Reaction score
Just have to give this a post, as my biscuits were thoroughly steamed by this.

So, there I was at work, where the firewalls prevent any meaningful internet access. No worry, thats what my thunderbolt is for. So, I nerd it up by going on a warhammer 40k wiki, something I've done a few times before.

But this time, it's different. An advertisement for moen jumps out at me, without so much as a click and totally hijacks my browser. It begins a full screen video, and disables my menu option abilities while it's playing. If I hit back, I go back to the wiki and the process starts again. If I allow the damn thing to play through, it leaves me at a broken black blank screen, so that I'm forced to either close the browser or hit back and have the whole thing repeat.

Oddly enough, I had this happen with a game called third blade that I downloaded free off the market. It was advertising dove products. I will seriously never buy anything from either add because of how this was advertised

Now, I'm not the preeminent master of Android. But, I think this is just really aggressive advertising instead of malware. Either way I'm miffed, and I'm wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience, and what they did about it.

Running a stock thunderbolt.

Sent from my blunderdolt using DroidForums