ActiveSync Mail client

rmcelroy

Reaction score
hey guys, I am fairly new to the whole droid thing...

I just "upgraded" from whatever crap came in the box to Liberty 1.5 and I am really liking it so far. One thing I do seem to be missing though is the activsync mail.

is there any ways to get the default droid mail client back w/ activsync?

thanks,
Rob

cricketson007

Reaction score
I am having that same problem. I lost all but a few contacts. I just started looking into this...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
I went with a trial of "touchdown" I heard good things about it. it seems to be doing everything I need. I will probably wind up purchasing it.

cricketson007

Reaction score
That in the market? I really not pickup what works in just want my contacts back lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
yea, touchdown is in the market.

I'm not sure what would have happned to your contacts though. I never had any issues with my contacts, I just wanted a better mail program. Touchdown seems to be it for me so far...

bobstro

Reaction score
If you're referring to the Exchange "corporate" email client, it's working fine on Liberty 2.0 on my Droid 2.

The only issue I'm having is that, if the administrator requires a PIN, Liberty locks the screen immediatelyon power off, requiring PIN entry even if I immediately turn it back on. All other ROMs I've used with mail setup this way give a grace period of at least 30 seconds.

I've also got the disappearing contacts issue, but I've seen this before after flashing ROMs. Right now, I've got 17 contacts, all from gmail. After loading other ROMs, I've noticed it can take a day or so for Exchange to re-sync my 300+ contacts, no matter how hard I try to force it. Usually, they'll show up right about the time I decide I need to flash something else to get them back! :) Give it a day or so to see if they show up.

This may not be the default droid mail app, but it seems to be close enough.

- Bob

Last edited: