Acer Iconia B1 Officially Launched at CES with Video Demo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-qyD7wX33w4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-qyD7wX33w4[/video]​

Above we have a hands-on video demo of the new Acer Iconia B1. We teased the device last week, and had a strong suspicion it would be launched at CES this week. It turns out we were right, and some folks from Phandroid were able to video the tablet in action at the tech show. The tablet will only debut in Europe and Latin America, which is sad news for folks in the US. It will retail for $119 Euros (about $160 US Dollars). Here's a spec breakdown:
  • 7-inch screen
  • 512MB internal memory
  • MicroSD for expandable memory
  • 1.2GHz processor
  • Android Jellybean
  • .3MP camera
  • 3.5mm headset jack
This seems like a pretty competitive price point, and could do really well in the markets it is destined for. Share your thoughts.

Source: Acertabletforum via Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Hmmm, nice. I've been wanting to get my daughter (6 years old) a tablet. Though fun for games, there are plenty of educational things to do on it and she enjoys doing them on my phone and my Nexus 7. I just don't want her to use my N7 without being supervised in case it gets broken. Kids are rough after all. There are tons of books for kids that are interactive. I have a few Dr Seuss books on my N7 and she loves reading them because she can touch things on the page and it will make sounds, do little animations and what not. Learning can be fun if you do it right and keeps them engaged.

I have family in Italy and can probably get them to get one and ship it our way.