Accidently changed setting - Just once or Always

jfinn0

Reaction score
When I go to change a sound in any app it asked me if i wanted to use a list of 2 applications Just once or Always I have been selecting Just Once because I haven't decided what application I was to use each time i try to set a sound such as the alarm or ringer volume. I accidentally this last time selected always. Is there a way I can reset this back in a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Roget83

Reaction score
Go into settings and open your applications. Then select the one you chose always for. Scroll down to the clear default button. Press it and it will no longer automatically use that app.

OP
J

jfinn0

Reaction score
When I go to change a sound in any app it asked me if i wanted to use a list of 2 applications Just once or Always I have been selecting Just Once because I haven't decided what application I was to use each time i try to set a sound such as the alarm or ringer volume. I accidentally this last time selected always. Is there a way I can reset this back in a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

That worked. Thanks!

Sunnyg70

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s4
I have the same problem. Lollipop. (this thread is probably referencing KitKat.) I prefer that with KitKat you could hit the stupid option once and it wouldn't ask you "Just once" or "always" and it just assumed "just once". I don't know when I'm going to want to change the app I chose something from. So, this time, I hit the "always" by mistake.

I've tried the "clear defaults" as was suggested at the top of this thread, and I have no idea what it cleared, but it DID NOT go back to letting me choose where to select my images from. I do know that sometimes I will want to chose from dropbox, not always from gallery.

HELP! :-( *kick stupid upgrades* Why can't they leave well enough alone...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have the same problem. Lollipop. (this thread is probably referencing KitKat.) I prefer that with KitKat you could hit the stupid option once and it wouldn't ask you "Just once" or "always" and it just assumed "just once". I don't know when I'm going to want to change the app I chose something from. So, this time, I hit the "always" by mistake.

I've tried the "clear defaults" as was suggested at the top of this thread, and I have no idea what it cleared, but it DID NOT go back to letting me choose where to select my images from. I do know that sometimes I will want to chose from dropbox, not always from gallery.

Welcome to the forum. You're right that this thread is a bit out-dated, but the fix is still the same. Clearing defaults on the app that you accidentally selected for always should cause the system to ask you again which app to use next time you're in a situation where it used to ask.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum.
have you tried go to phone settings, applications (manager word is there on some models, all, scroll down to gallery, tap it, scroll down to clear defaults? Also try that in the app that chooses gallery every time. Sometimes the main clear defaults doesn't clear them in individual apps.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

GailC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy 5
I have tried clearing defaults for Gallery and Reacticons under Manage Applications, both individually and under the trpile dots. It does take the default off but when I try to use one of them in a text attachment, the 'Always/Just Once' options are still missing.

I use both Gallery and Reacticons as an Image choice; I don't want a default. Without the Always/Just Once, whatever I choose sets as the default. How can I get the 'A/JO' selections to show up?

GailC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy 5
You'll need to clear defaults for the app you're using for text
Thanks for the tip. I deleted the Messages default; also made sure they were still turned off for Gallery and Reacticons. But A/JO still won't show up. Turned the phone off & on, too, after making the change.

If you have other ideas, please let me know.