Accidentally set up gmail as primary e-mail too

GeorgeGlass

Reaction score
I accidentally set up my gmail account as my primary e-mail account as well as having it set up through the gmail program.

I like using Touchdown for my business e-mail and the gmail program for my personal e-mail.

So when I get a personal e-mail, I get two notifications - one from gmail, one from the e-mail program.

Now obviously, I could just turn off notifications, but I'd rather that e-mail not just stack up in there.

I can't figure out how to delete gmail as the primary e-mail.

I do want it to send from my gmail as default.

Can anyone help?

Twoo

Reaction score
I accidentally set up my gmail account as my primary e-mail account as well as having it set up through the gmail program.

I like using Touchdown for my business e-mail and the gmail program for my personal e-mail.

So when I get a personal e-mail, I get two notifications - one from gmail, one from the e-mail program.

Now obviously, I could just turn off notifications, but I'd rather that e-mail not just stack up in there.

I can't figure out how to delete gmail as the primary e-mail.

I do want it to send from my gmail as default.

Can anyone help?

So what you're saying is your phone was activated with a Gmail account, then you set up the same gmail account again?

1. Open the Email app.

2. Press the Menu button.

3. Tap Accounts.

4. Tap and hold the account you wish to remove.

5. Tap Remove account.

Let me know if that works. If not then you set it up through the GMAIL program, which SHOULD be the same process.

Twoo

Reaction score
No worries, I did the same thing the night I got my Droid. I thought for some reason having a Gmail account activated the phone, but then I had to set my email up. When I woke up the next day my phone was littered with notifications- fixed that problem quick ;p

trober81

Reaction score
removing gmail app

is it possible to remove the gmail app without losing all of my imported gmail contacts? if so, how?