access shared network computer drives with Motorola Droid

Malkavian

Reaction score
I have a WIFI network in my home. I have a desktop, 2 laptops and a network attached storage on the network. Each PC can see the others and they all see the attached storage.

I can connect my Droid to the network and get internet access. How can I get the droid to see the network shares on the computers or the network attached storage.

Or is this not possible.

Thanks
Michael

th9203

Reaction score
Don't think there is direct access method but...

If you have an FTP server on your netwok it could be used to serve up the files on the drive. You can download a FTP client from the Market. This would at least give you basic access to the files. :icon_ banana:

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
If you have an FTP server on your netwok it could be used to serve up the files on the drive. You can download a FTP client from the Market. This would at least give you basic access to the files. :icon_ banana:

I have thought about that. The NAS has an FTP server built into it, but I have not turned it on. I will check into that, thanks.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I have a WIFI network in my home. I have a desktop, 2 laptops and a network attached storage on the network. Each PC can see the others and they all see the attached storage.

I can connect my Droid to the network and get internet access. How can I get the droid to see the network shares on the computers or the network attached storage.

Or is this not possible.

Thanks
Michael

EStrong's File explorer let's you browse out to your network shares. Some people have trouble setting it up. However I have used it on multiple networks as a systems analyst and have never had problems.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
[/quote]

EStrong's File explorer let's you browse out to your network shares. Some people have trouble setting it up. However I have used it on multiple networks as a systems analyst and have never had problems.[/QUOTE]

Just downloaded and like it so far. It's not finding all my shares, but still working on it.

Thanks

warning9

Reaction score
Thanks! I've been looking for a NAS and I think you just helped me find one!

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
Thanks! I've been looking for a NAS and I think you just helped me find one!

For the price they are not bad. I plan on getting another one for a backup to the current one. You might want to check your local Mircocenter or Frys to see if they have them on sale. Also check NewEgg.com, you can get a lot of reviews from people there.

I would avoid Best buy if possible.