Accepting Meeting invites from another BB user

munrath

Reaction score
All,

I'm new to the Motorola droid but I'm running into a small issue. My wife has a BB curve (using her yahoo.com account) and she sends me calendar invites from her BB device and I receive them on the Droid using my gmail.com account, however I'm not able to accept the invite. The only way for this to work is to open my laptop go into Gmail open the email and acknowledge it. Once that happens I then see the calendar invite on my droid calendar that is sync'd with google calendars.

I thought there was an iCAL app that would allow me to accept/decline... etc from the invite without having to go to another computer to read the email.

What I want is the following:

BB user selects his/her yahoo or gmail calender. Creates a calendar entry on his/her BB device. Invites me to a meeting using my @gmail.com address. I then receive the email on my motorola droid (updated) I read the message then select accept/decline. It then syncs with my calendar widget on my droid and all is good... Is this possible?

Mark

Last edited:
OP
M

munrath

Reaction score
I can't be the only one having this issue. Anybody have a solution that isn't the work around I've listed?

cdf3

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. I've been searching for months trying to find the answer. I've posted in forums, but no one responds. If you find a way, please share.

cndright

Reaction score
With the updated version of the android system, you open the attachment of the invite, and then it adds it to your calendar. To accept or reject the item, you have to open it in your calendar and then hit accept or reject and it will send the response to the inviter. My wife has a BB Curve and I have the Droid X2 and it works perfectly.

cdf3

Reaction score
With the updated version of the android system, you open the attachment of the invite, and then it adds it to your calendar. To accept or reject the item, you have to open it in your calendar and then hit accept or reject and it will send the response to the inviter. My wife has a BB Curve and I have the Droid X2 and it works perfectly.

What do you mean by updated Android system?
When I open the attachment on my phone (Froyo 2.2) and tablet (Honeycomb 3.1), all it does is give me the option to download the .ics to my SDcard
It does not present me with any other options besides that.