A855 can't enter voicemail password

lennyjaxn

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions to fix this problem.
I'm currently running Simply Stunning 5.4, but I have tried reverting to 5.3 and also Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1. Each time I have wiped cache/data a few times, formatted /system and /data, pretty much wiped what I could think of before installing the new ROM. I've done several battery pulls, the last one for over 60 minutes. The problem persists.
When I call voicemail, it asks for my password. I push the numbers and can hear the tones of them being pushed but they're not recognized. I tried setting up a contact to dial *86,,XXXX# but it still acts like I didn't push any buttons. I can call my number from another phone and put my password in that way and check my voicemail no problem. I can also navigate other automated phone systems with touch tone requirements. I called customer service and they said that since I already tried a battery pull and #228 they had no more suggestions for me. I now appeal to the super-helpful droidforums folks for other suggestions. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
L

lennyjaxn

Reaction score
Turns out it's the tone length. Unfortunately, my beloved Simply Stunning ROM, which I've been faithful to since the day I bought this phone last March, lacks the ability to change the tone length. I reverted back to stock and changed it to long and could enter the voicemail password no problem. For some reason, ROMs that are built on Cyanogenmod default to short DTMF tones, and as far as I know there's no way that I, as an ignorant user, can change this. Does anybody know of a third-party app that would allow me to sneak in and access this setting? I'd hate to have to abandon SS, but checking voicemail is kind of important to me.