A question on tethering speeds

resultsmayvary

Reaction score
Hey all. New to the forums here so I just wanted to say hola first and foremost.

Secondly, I was wondering if there is any way to increase the speed I'm getting from USB tethering on my Droid2. I used to tether with a Sprint Blackberry and while doing this I was able to not only surf the net but I was fully able to play online games with a pretty small amount of ping. The speeds with my Droid 2 however seem to be noticeably slower.

I've heard that PDAnet might be closing certain ports and that may7 be the cause, is this true? I have easy tether installed as well and I seem to be having less that stellar speeds on both.

I'm not opposed to rooting my phone if a better connection can be created as a result, just need to know if it's possible at all first.

Thanks for any help.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Well, Sprint claims to have the fastest network, if that's true, there lies your answer. What kind of ping are you getting now btw? What games are you trying to play?

evilsock

Reaction score
Id root if I were u and try barnacle and wireless tether for root users, goto speednet and do a test with all, u may get slightly faster speeds with wifi tether, but it will not be what ur used to from sprint, still probly better with rooted apps, I like barnacle

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk