A question about swapping phones on Verizon...

bd1212

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be getting trading my Droid X for an HTC Thunderbolt on Saturday morning and I will be meeting the other person at a Verizon store. When I am at the Verizon store does it matter which one of my parents I bring? My mom manages our Verizon account, while my dad pays the rest of the bills. Since my mom is Account Manager, does that mean the only way I could do the trade would to have her be in the store with me? Or could I bring my dad in and still do the trade and swap my number to the Thunderbolt with no problems? My plan will be staying the same and nothing will be changing, but I just don't want to drive to a Verizon store that's an hour away to meet someone to do a trade only to find out that I am not able to because I didn't bring the right parent with me.

Other info that might be helpful: My dad knows all our Verizon information... passwords, billing password, all that stuff... most of the Verizon information is actually linked to my dad's business, but my mom still manages it and pays the bill.

So, to shorten things up, basically what I'm asking is, can I bring my dad into the Verizon store with me, and swap phones with someone from Craigslist, even though he isn't the account manager?

Thanks in advance!

portermac

Reaction score
A friend of mine did the same thing and he wasn't the account holder. He didn't have any problems. You should be able to do it yourself and definitely with your dad. No worries

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
A friend of mine did the same thing and he wasn't the account holder. He didn't have any problems. You should be able to do it yourself and definitely with your dad. No worries

Alright, thank you. Also, thanks for the quick response! :)