A Msg To Those Who Support Android But Not Google

LordKastle

Reaction score
We may be the minority but there are some of us lurking in the dark shadows. We appreciate the stability of the Android OS and the potential it has for open development. We disagree with some of Google's decisions and practices within the OS and its handling with philosophical outside decision making. We want to make sure Google does not become our shepherd.

Briefly, our actions moving forward are simple. We will continue to support the Android OS by supporting the manufacturers who pump it out and the developers who program for the platform. For example, AT&T has other Android products being pushed by Dell, Acer, and others coming in the future. On Verizon, we have the Motorola Droid and future HTC devices. [LG, Samsung, and others are on the way]

We will not be supporting the Nexus device due it's DNA being encoded by Google [and for that matter any future Google Phones, not to be mistaken with Android OS devices]. Sure, it was produced by HTC...but they were HIRED by Google with the blueprint to produce.

I just wanted to get our message out there. The naysayers and critics of us will call us traitors...far from it. We support the raw, foundation of Android. We support the true developers of the platform.

We are not blinded like sheep grazing in the pastures of Google. Google is not our shepherd. We support the OS as a whole and it's raw foundation. If Windows Mobile 7 was to score on a hail-mary pass, then we may consider come late 2010...and if not we will have future 4G Android devices.

Stay strong and stay true fellow minions. Most of society will be swept up in a hysteria of propaganda...but we have seen the light. We will not be apart of the herd and the sheep mentality that follows it.

Last edited:

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Google should by Tmobile and Force Jobs to buy AT&T

Now, that's a little over the top.

I hate Steve Jobs as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't force a purchase of AT&T on my worst enemy. That's just downright evil.

Reaction score
I didn't realize a company that lets hundreds of millions of users use their products free of charge (except corporate stuff) was considered evil. Did you get raped by a google employee or something? I don't get the need to hate Google.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google was almost completely behind the moto droid development. If you're going to hate the nexus, you need to hate the droid. It doesn't make any sense to support one and not the other. I doubt Google will loose any sleep (or money) over this thread.

meekless

Reaction score
its never fun being a simple minded follower, and the view ahead is always the same, just an ass!

i do like google overall, but love the Android OS. dont give google 100% of the cred though. you know they bought the company who designed and developed OS's for mobile phones, and the people that worked for Android Inc, were the ones that began the development of the Android OS. grated it was after the buyout while they were at google, but they originally worked at Android Inc.
thought i would throw out my 2 cents..maybe just 1

thedroidguy.com

Reaction score
I really support Google and choose to.
I've had Gmail since the invite days, I've had GV since Grand Central Ive had Wave for months (but still dont know exatly what to do with it)
I live off google alerts and my 5 google calendars.
I love all my android phones
I have some issues with Nexus and they way they are handling sales. but wouldn't stop supporting them this thread is essentially like saying I hate mac but boy i love snow leopard.

crspang

Reaction score
@Kastle "They" are watching you and "they" have traced your post. "They" will soon be landing their black helicopters in your front yard to take you for questioning.
Get a grip man, for goodness sakes.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Kastle "They" are watching you and "they" have traced your post. "They" will soon be landing their black helicopters in your front yard to take you for questioning.
Get a grip man, for goodness sakes.
This is comical :)
I don't have anything against Google giving me free stuff :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Like what Kastle says or not. From the start he's always made his position clear on this subject. So for that I give him props : )

The guy has convictions and I have to respect that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like what Kastle says or not. From the start he's always made his position clear on this subject. So for that I give him props : )

The guy has convictions and I have to respect that.
Difference of opinion is what keeps forums going :) Would be a boring place if everyone felt the same way :icon_ banana: