A little about me

scout247

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Just joined up, and I'm hoping to stay. It's been a while since I've been an active member of any forum, and I hope to change that with this one.

A little about me:

Live in Canada
Love technology and aviation
Been an avid supporter of android from the start, but had to wait until Canada got a good phone.
Have owned the Motorola Milestone, and now the Motorola Defy(unlocked from T-Mobile)

I switched models because I had an issue where the Milestone thought the keyboard was extended, even when fully closed. It fixed itself on its own, but didn't want to worry about hardware failure in the future.
Found the perfect match in the Moto Defy, same screen, already runs 2.2(2.2 on Milestone not officially in Canada yet), and it is water resistant when ports are sealed. I'm not too worried about Gingerbread or beyond on my phone, as it is already stable and there aren't any additional features it brings to the table.

Planning on getting an Android Tablet, might wait until Tegra 3 in October before buying, as it will drive older model prices down. Even if I don't wait that long, I want to see what other manufacturers will bring to the tablet market.

Well that's some info on me and where I come from, and again I hope to remain active in this community. Sure, I don't own the droid at this moment, but I sold the phone to my roommate so I still gotta support it :p

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. This is a friendly community so don't hesitate to join in and ask questions.

Swyped from a Droid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :)
A water resistant phone is my dream... the downfall of every phone I've had is water damage for the most part. Lol.

OP
scout247

scout247

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :)
A water resistant phone is my dream... the downfall of every phone I've had is water damage for the most part. Lol.

Well I haven't dropped it in the toilet yet, but I will let you know how that turns out lol.

I've seen YouTube videos of it running while in buckets of water, seems Motorola was thorough when making the phone. The back seems a touch loose though, so I'm not willing to test it out.

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)