A few more Handcent issues

ASN-121

Reaction score
I've been having a few problems recently regarding Handcent. I've been using it for quite some time (switched over from SMS Popup + default), but I believe it started after the most recent update.
The first is that I've been getting duplicate notifications WITHIN Handcent itself. I get the popup, and while I'm reading/replying/deleting the message, I get another of the same one almost immediately. This has been happening with about 85-90% of my texts, and it's rather annoying. Happened while I was typing this actually.
The second issue, that I've seen on here before, is that a lot of my messages aren't showing up, which is also a huge inconvenience when I'm trying to refer back to an old message. It's not like one or two either, someone that I text on a daily basis, and I'm showing an absence between 12 Jan and 26 Jan.
I'm also having that issue with popups not moving up from center when the keyboard, I know that's a rather common issue, but that it was supposedly fixed. Just seeing if I'm not the only one still having this problem I guess.
Anybody have any ideas/suggestions on how to fix these issues, otherwise I may be going back to the stock messenger + SMS Popup again.

sir2545

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that since the most recent update of Handcent, when you enter a conversation and use the phone in landscape mode the bg image doesn't cover the entire background? But if you back out into the convo list in landscape and select the convo again while still in landscape mode, the entire background image is used. I've only noticed this after the recent update

Wannabe

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that since the most recent update of Handcent, when you enter a conversation and use the phone in landscape mode the bg image doesn't cover the entire background? But if you back out into the convo list in landscape and select the convo again while still in landscape mode, the entire background image is used. I've only noticed this after the recent update

Having the same issue. I posted on their bug forum, but no response yet.

sir2545

Reaction score
Great....glad to see I wasn't the only one. Hopefully the dev will get it taken care of quickly cuz its quite annoying. Keep us posted if you get a response and thanks for the quick reply.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been having a few problems recently regarding Handcent. I've been using it for quite some time (switched over from SMS Popup + default), but I believe it started after the most recent update.
The first is that I've been getting duplicate notifications WITHIN Handcent itself. I get the popup, and while I'm reading/replying/deleting the message, I get another of the same one almost immediately. This has been happening with about 85-90% of my texts, and it's rather annoying. Happened while I was typing this actually.
The second issue, that I've seen on here before, is that a lot of my messages aren't showing up, which is also a huge inconvenience when I'm trying to refer back to an old message. It's not like one or two either, someone that I text on a daily basis, and I'm showing an absence between 12 Jan and 26 Jan.
I'm also having that issue with popups not moving up from center when the keyboard, I know that's a rather common issue, but that it was supposedly fixed. Just seeing if I'm not the only one still having this problem I guess.
Anybody have any ideas/suggestions on how to fix these issues, otherwise I may be going back to the stock messenger + SMS Popup again.
i know the first two issues can be fixed by simply unchecking a certain box bc i had that problem before

now let me just find it...

xanthus1132

Reaction score
Anybody having issues with not being able to text back aim users who message you from aim while you are mobile? Every single time it will just keep trying to send the message but will always fail eventually I don't understand it.