A few issues

FZDolfan

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic for about two Weeks (why does swype capitalize that word?) now, and there are a couple of things that I find disturbing.

First, when I install or update apps, I often get a message saying that there is insufficient storage space and then I have to move everything I can to the media area. However, when I check my storage in settings, it shows that I have about 3.5 GB free in the application storage, over 7GB of the 8GB of internal storage free, and over 13GB free on the sd card. Exactly where is this insufficient storage space?
My last phone was a Captivate and I never saw any message like that, ever.

Second, when I look at the RAM at the bottom of the task manager, the used and available numbers always add up to only about 700mb. I thought this phone had 1GB of ram? It's not like it's a storage drive with a formatted size.

Also, the disappearing apps every time I restart the phone is the most annoying, but I know that's being addressed in the impending update.

Thanks in advance for any insight, and I apologize if this was addressed in another thread. I did a keyword search in this app and didn't come up with anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Apps disappearing - make sure they are moved OFF the SD card (will be fixed in the November patch)
"Insignificat space" message - easiest fix is a quick reboot and then reinstall the app
The 700MB of RAM available is the number the apps and system have to use. The rest is being used by the OS itself.

OP
F

FZDolfan

Reaction score
Apps disappearing - make sure they are moved OFF the SD card (will be fixed in the November patch)
"Insignificat space" message - easiest fix is a quick reboot and then reinstall the app
The 700MB of RAM available is the number the apps and system have to use. The rest is being used by the OS itself.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums