A few issues with my Droid (lag, activation upon call end, unlock weirdness)

Wilk

Reaction score
I've been having some issues with my droid for awhile now, nothing major but things that are a nuisance more than anything. First thing is sometimes coming out of sleep and sliding the unlock button, the screen will freak, it goes black with only the notification bar visible and the bar will jump between its respective positions in portrait and landscape positions. The second problem I noticed happened after I did a factory reset, when I get a call the number, picture and name of the person calling me wont show up, only the "answer" or "mute" sliders are visible. I can then answer the call and have talk to the person but when the call ends I get prompted that my phone is in the process of being activated and I have to go through the whole activation process again. There's also general lag that is pretty bad at times. Besides the whole call issue (thats a new thing that happened after the reset, but it doesn't do it for all calls either) I believe this all started when I tried syncing with doubletwist and the phone got locked up and had to disconnect and pull the battery. My droid is not rooted nor has it ever been and I'm using launcherpro beta as my launcher recently but it was doing this all before the launcher was even installed. If anyone can help or has anything I can try in addition to doing a factory reset I'd appreciate it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One question. Are you using a task killer or antivirus?

Make that two questions. Are you using a factory charger?

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score
Yes to both, I'm using task manager by apollo and the factory charger that was given to me with the phone

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
First, drop the task manager. They don't do any good and seem to create more problems than what they try to do in good.

Second, after uninstalling the task manager, do another factory reset and see if you are back in working order.

myriad46

Reaction score
First, drop the task manager. They don't do any good and seem to create more problems than what they try to do in good.

Second, after uninstalling the task manager, do another factory reset and see if you are back in working order.

Do you think it's necessary to do a factory reset after uninstalling the task manager? A restart should do it. It's not Norton 360.

What wallpaper are you running?

How often do you restart it? It's still a computer. Sometimes just a power down and restart will correct a number of woes.

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score
I probably restart it once a week, and I'm just running a simple picture background. The funny thing is, with the notification bar bouncing back and fourth, that happened within minutes of doing the factory reset, just like it did before the reset

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score
I found another problem, contact specific ringtones are not working it's just using the default ringtone... sigh

starbuck

Reaction score
Mine suffers the same lag in the same boat as you but I am using task killer

myriad46

Reaction score
Unless you're prone to shaky hands, the task bar flipping back and forth sounds like a faulty sensor, that can't tell what orientation you are holding the phone. You may want to look into a replacement, just for that reason.

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score
Unless you're prone to shaky hands, the task bar flipping back and forth sounds like a faulty sensor, that can't tell what orientation you are holding the phone. You may want to look into a replacement, just for that reason.

If that were the case wouldn't the notification bar bounce around all the time instead of just during unlocking? My launcher supports changing from portrait to landscape on the homescreen without the physical keyboard being opened and it does it fine without issue

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score

Do you think it's necessary to do a factory reset after uninstalling the task manager? A restart should do it. It's not Norton 360.

What wallpaper are you running?

How often do you restart it? It's still a computer. Sometimes just a power down and restart will correct a number of woes.

I did unistall task manager and did a restart with a battery pull, seems to be quicker and less lag, but it still has its moments. Notification bar problem is still there, haven't tested the contact ringtones yet