A Few General Questions ... Please Help!

scher215

Reaction score
I recently switched to the Droid from the blackberry storm. and while i absolutley love the droid, and didnt really like the storm as much ... there r some things i liked on the storm and am wondering if i can do it on the droid.

-The Facebook app on blackberry, blocked the e-mails from coming to my phone and instead sent them to the app (basically) as a new notification. Is it possible to do this type of thing on droid? (im not using gmail for my fb ...) but id like to be able to write on walls, comment, etc, all in one place. and not read the notification via browser, and comment, respond, via the app. The app on droid, never seems to update my notifications even tho i have it set to do so every 30 minutes since thats as often as it looks like this can be done. Do i need my fb set up with gmail for this to work better?

-There are many icons on the larger menu i know i will never use. is there a way to hide them, like i could with storm, so that they are no longer cluttering my screen?

-is there a way to add words into the "dictionary" i type things like idk or haha etc and it defaults them to words.

-When you do a google image search ... are you able to / how do you save the images to your phone?

-I watch a lot of daily show / colbert report episodes online (using their website and full epidsode player) i couldnt do this on my bb storm, but r u able to on the droid?

-Is it possible to send one text to multiple people? As in, a "mass text" rather than just by forwarding to each individual person ... i could not figure out how to do this.

-Is there a way (or an app) to make the screen light up or something when u get a text or e-mail or whatever? I had an app like that on my storm.

SilverK20A3

Reaction score
I have the answers to 2 of your questions:

-To save a word to the dictionary, the word you typed in will appear to the far left of the suggested alternatives. Just press on it for a second and it'll remember to use that in the future.

-To save an image, just long press (about ~1.5 second) and it'll prompt you to save it.

kaorte

Reaction score
-There are many icons on the larger menu i know i will never use. is there a way to hide them, like i could with storm, so that they are no longer cluttering my screen?
Not that I know of. I think that is what the 3 screens are for.

-is there a way to add words into the "dictionary" i type things like idk or haha etc and it defaults them to words.
Settings>Language and Keyboard settings>User dictionary
-When you do a google image search ... are you able to / how do you save the images to your phone?
Click and hold on the image and you have the option to save it.
-I watch a lot of daily show / colbert report episodes online (using their website and full epidsode player) i couldnt do this on my bb storm, but r u able to on the droid?
Check the app store, I have seen a few TV apps. There might already be a colbert or daily show one.

-Is it possible to send one text to multiple people? As in, a "mass text" rather than just by forwarding to each individual person ... i could not figure out how to do this.
When you compose a new message, type in the name of the contact, and then just click it and type another. A comma should show up to separate them.

-Is there a way (or an app) to make the screen light up or something when u get a text or e-mail or whatever? I had an app like that on my storm.[/QUOTE]
The app SMS popup is what you are looking for I think.

Droider

Reaction score
The Colbert Report episodes from Comedy Central require the Adobe Flash plugin. Flash 10 is supposed to be coming to Droid, probably next year, but I don't think an official date has been announced.

OP
S

scher215

Reaction score
thank you very much everyone! That is all that i needed to know.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Colbert Report episodes from Comedy Central require the Adobe Flash plugin. Flash 10 is supposed to be coming to Droid, probably next year, but I don't think an official date has been announced.

I think they said officially said it should be out by years end, more towards mid to late december.

Inundated

Reaction score

I think they said officially said it should be out by years end, more towards mid to late december.

Next month or December 2010? :D

I think I heard early 2010.