A few app/theming questions

greycobalt

Reaction score
I just got my 4th refurbished X2, and installed the latest version of Eclipse on it. It's running all right, but there's a few apps I'm questioning using due to (at least my perceived) high memory usage. I used to use Widgetlocker to make my lockscreen more intuitive and have a better clock, but I have the nagging feeling it was causing a lot of slowdown. Any experience with it, or a suggestion on a lockscreen that will allow me to customize it?

I've been using Handcent for almost a year, and while I do like a lot of features, it seems to me it can also be a bit laggy at times. I don't know if it's my phone in general or the actual app, but what's your opinion on the best SMS app? I'm not against trying new ones for the heck of it to compare.

My one problem using ROMs is that most of them have a majority of the Blur removed. I'm fine with that usually, but the one Blur feature I really liked was their 'Contact Quick Tasks'. I liked having my contact's pictures, touching them, and it calling them. Now there's other ways around that (such as setting a shortcut instead of a widget), but not only is the picture and box tiny, but it also won't let me set a direct dial - it opens up a sliding bar that lets me pick between texting, Facebook, calling, etc. Anyone know of an app that would do the same thing better? The only one I've found is the GO Contact one, but it's a bit bulky and doesn't let me organize them how I like. It automatically makes them alphabetical.

And then 2 random questions: first, I have all my contacts synced with Facebook so people's pictures show up under their contact profile. However, 2 of my friends' pictures will only show their Google profile pictures, not Facebook. I've tried manually selecting Facebook pictures, removing their Google account and readding it, and any number of other things. Is this a known bug, or is there just something stupidly wrong with my setup? Second, I know this has been asked before but I never saw a definitive answer: is there a relatively easy way to bind one of the hardware buttons to take a picture? It's getting fairly obnoxious to have to use the touchscreen to do it, especially when you're trying to take a picture of yourself and someone with you.

Sorry that my OCD is causing some of these quest​ions. :) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!