.901 update

azdrifter

Reaction score
I have a question maybe someone has already asked this but I haven't been able to find it in the threads anywhere.
I did the update from 5.5.893 to 5.9.901 and my phone is running great,but it actually had no problems before i just wanted to try the update to see what new apps were in it if any.
My question is if for some unforeseeable reason I would have to return the phone would i be able to return it with the .901 build or would VZW know that it was done manually and cancel my contract?
The phone is unrooted and the only thing that I have done to this point is push the latest update I found for .901

kc6wke

Reaction score
I have a question maybe someone has already asked this but I haven't been able to find it in the threads anywhere.
I did the update from 5.5.893 to 5.9.901 and my phone is running great,but it actually had no problems before i just wanted to try the update to see what new apps were in it if any.
My question is if for some unforeseeable reason I would have to return the phone would i be able to return it with the .901 build or would VZW know that it was done manually and cancel my contract?
The phone is unrooted and the only thing that I have done to this point is push the latest update I found for .901

Just use R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1 and restore it back to .886 with no root. (option 4) before returning.
I dont think they will do anything if it did have .901 since they did push it ota to some, They have to support their ota updates.

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Just a little insight for those that think Verizon will cancel your contract if they find out your rooted. My cousin has worked for Verizon for almost 6 years now in three different stores in upstate N.Y. and now in Maine. He told me that people are constantly bringing their phones in rooted and looking for help when they brick them. He told me that he can push a combination of buttons when turning on your phone that will show him a history of what you have done to your phone. He said in 6 years he has never seen anyone's contract canceled after being rooted, nor has he ever heard of it. The only thing that they do is tell you to go pound salt if you bring a bricked, rooted phone to them and expect a replacement. Flashing the original system back onto your phone will also erase the history that they are able to check. So...I guess point being, as long as you can bring your phone out of a brick, then your safe...and even if you can't, the worst you are looking at is shopping for a new phone, not a new carrier.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums