6 Year Old Uses Mom's Fingerprint To Order $250 Worth Of Pokemon Gear!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Kids are getting pretty crafty these days. Gone are the days of slipping a few quarters out of the mom's change jug. Now kids just break into their parents phones and order whatever they like. An Arkansas mother "Bethany Howell" woke up to find 13 notifications of purchases on her cell phone. At first she thought she had been hacked. That is when her 6 year old daughter reassured her that she had not been hacked. "No, Mommy, I was shopping. Don't worry everything I ordered is coming straight to the house!", explained Ashlynd.

While Howell was sleeping her daughter grabbed the cell phone and touched her moms finger to the fingerprint scanner unlocking the phone. She then began to place orders on lots of Pokemon Gear. Of the 13 orders only 4 could be returned. The rest of the items were saved for Christmas as gifts from Santa.

via WallStreetJournal

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ahhh, the old school way of how my parents would have handled that situation would have started with corporal punishment and then I would have to pay everything back. Oh and the stuff that made it to the house that couldn't have been returned I would have gotten to personally donate.

About time this would have all been done I would've feared ever touching their phones again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I remember "borrowing" 5.00 out of my moms wallet to go to a movie once. I asked her (she was sleeping after a graveyard shift) and got the unintelligible answer to go away.

It was the first and last time I ever did that!!!

There is no way on Gods green earth I would let my son keep that stuff!!!

Chris

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i taught my 5 year old to have bunch of piggy banks and save up money for things she wants, and we reward her for doing chores and playing piano.

my wife is different story. she's like the 6 year old in the article lol.