$50 OFF Ad-Free Moto G4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Amazon had been selling a version of the Moto G4 with ads for $50 off. Pretty quickly people figured out how to remove these ads by unlocking the bootloader and making some simple changes to the software. Amazon has decided to sell the ad-free version of the phone for $150 as well. The G4 is a very capable device. It includes the Snapdragon 617 CPU clocked at 1.5Ghz and 2GB of Ram. The display is 5.5" and is full HD. The phone gets pretty great battery life with the included 3000mah battery. If you find yourself low on battery it does also include Turbo Charging. Head to the link below to grab this deal.

via Amazon

You will see the discount once the phone is added to the cart.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what ads you are referring to...
Amazon sells certain devices that have "built-in" amazon ads in the android OS to supplement the cost of the phone and allow users to get a cheaper price on the device by having advertisements on your lock screen and in other places in the device.

The Moto G4 can be bootloader unlocked and amazon cannot lock it down, that means a user could purchase said device with ads, unlock root rom and remove ads, thereby saving $50 on the price of the phone and giving amazon the finger.

Instead of getting all upset like verizon would amazon did the smart thing and lowered the price on the version without ads. Good guy amazon for now I guess

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Amazon sells certain devices that have "built-in" amazon ads in the android OS to supplement the cost of the phone and allow users to get a cheaper price on the device by having advertisements on your lock screen and in other places in the device.

The Moto G4 can be bootloader unlocked and amazon cannot lock it down, that means a user could purchase said device with ads, unlock root rom and remove ads, thereby saving $50 on the price of the phone and giving amazon the finger.

Instead of getting all upset like verizon would amazon did the smart thing and lowered the price on the version without ads. Good guy amazon for now I guess
Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the explanation! To the point, clear and concise! I like... Glad I asked now I know.