Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
My only problem with my Galaxy Note 9 is video recording! Why does this phone only limit you to 5 minutes of video recording time? With my Pixel XL I had unlimited recording time with less ram and less storage! With 8 gigs of RAM and 1TB of storage I should have more than enough space to handle it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
From my understanding all Android phones are limited to 5 to 6 minutes when recording in 4k 60fps mode. My G7 it's limited to 6 even if I put a 1TB card in it. Why? That I couldn't tell you but if you want more recording time you'll have to lower the video quality.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Never had a limit with Pixel XL. Created 30 minute videos at my church with the Pixel. It is just a headache that it every 5 minutes it stops recording.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Never had a limit with Pixel XL. Created 30 minute videos at my church with the Pixel. It is just a headache that it every 5 minutes it stops recording.

That's why I don't understand why they limit video length but allow you to have multiple 4k videos. There must be a reason. I'm going to look for it.

Edit:
I just read a story that says heat may be the reason it's limited.

www.deccanchronicle.com/technology/mobiles-and-tabs/050318/galaxy-s9-camera-loses-iphone-x-4k-video-60fps-performance.html

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
That's why I don't understand why they limit video length but allow you to have multiple 4k videos. There must be a reason. I'm going to look for it.

Edit:
I just read a story that says heat may be the reason it's limited.

www.deccanchronicle.com/technology/mobiles-and-tabs/050318/galaxy-s9-camera-loses-iphone-x-4k-video-60fps-performance.html
That would be fine it it was every phone. But my old Pixel XL never got hot to make me want to cut it off doing recording. Like I said, I recorded 30 minutes with it with no issue.