5 calls to Verizon in less then a week...still have the problem

cynh

Reaction score
I am using the Motorola Razr which came out in Dec. I love the phone but am having problems with the texting. I can be texting someone back and forth over a basically having a conversation and will later find out they didn't get every message. This has happened with several different people. Not all of them being Verizon. The same thing happens with messages others send me. I will not receive them all. This seems to be a daily problem now. I have been callling Verizon since Feb 1st about this issue and getting no where. Along with the fact that Verizon is labeling the text between my daughter and myself (she is also a verizon customer) as International Texting on my end. She lives 3 miles from me and we are in the midwest. No where near a border of Canada or Mexico! On her account it is a regular m2m account. Verizon can not seem to explain that either. I have spent over 5 hours in the last 2 days alone with them trying to get to the base of this problem. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Cinoib

Reaction score
If I was having this problem I would go into a Verizon store during their rush hour, grab their Razr, pop my sim card in their phone, and text a message to my daughter.

The nice thing about the Razr is that it's sim card is easy to pull.

This will tell you if it's your phone or a repeater issue.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using DroidForums

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
I posted this same identical thread about a month ago and it seems there is a definitive answer yet..my wife phone is the same way and its frustrating for her..I think its the phone itself..I also own a Razr and I have no problems like this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pbickel

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue with not getting texts people will reply to me are you still there two hours after I replied saying they never got a reply.

huskur

Reaction score
These seem to be isolated circumstances and likely network issues not phone issues. I cannot confirm that but if it was a huge issue then there would be some knowledge by Verizon or much bigger threads on the Android forum boards.

buck i

Reaction score
cynh,

Are you using the stock text messaging app? If so, when you send a text, does your text message say "Sent [TIME]" in the bottom right corner or does it have an arrow?

If I was having this problem I would go into a Verizon store during their rush hour, grab their Razr, pop my sim card in their phone, and text a message to my daughter.

The nice thing about the Razr is that it's sim card is easy to pull.

This will tell you if it's your phone or a repeater issue.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using DroidForums

The SIM card in the RAZR is ONLY for 4G LTE. Since text messages are send over Verizon's CDMA signal, putting the SIM into another phone won't do him any good.

OP
C

cynh

Reaction score
RE:Buck

I am using the stock texting. When I send a text I do see an arrow and I wait until I see it turn to sent and the time. What is really puzzling is the text that I send but that they do not receive is listed in my account when I check it. The same holds true for the text that people say they send me but I do not receive, they also appear in my account and of course all are counted toward my limit. This is so frustrating and Verizon has done NOTHING to help with this.

buck i

Reaction score
Perhaps you could try installing a third party text messaging app (Handcent, Chomp SMS, Go SMS, etc.) and see if it solves any of your problems.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am using the stock texting. When I send a text I do see an arrow and I wait until I see it turn to sent and the time. What is really puzzling is the text that I send but that they do not receive is listed in my account when I check it. The same holds true for the text that people say they send me but I do not receive, they also appear in my account and of course all are counted toward my limit. This is so frustrating and Verizon has done NOTHING to help with this.

Try TextFree on the market. It doesn't work off the cellular network, but instead works over the internet and gives you a private texting phone number. I've been very happy with it and it's let me drop texting on my plan saving me money monthly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
Perhaps you could try installing a third party text messaging app (Handcent, Chomp SMS, Go SMS, etc.) and see if it solves any of your problems.

Just DL go SMS pro and apparently the same issue with receiving end..ghost texting and not complete messages.

OP
C

cynh

Reaction score
Even more frustrated can anyone help??

Well its a month later and with no help from Verizon I think I have figured out what started one of my problems. As I mentioned earlier I am being charged International charges for texting my daughter. Occasionally its considered a m2m (which is what it should be). I decided to go back as far as I could and see how long I have had these charges. To my amazement it started back the beginning of Feb when I took my phone into the store. I had called Verizon support about my text not all being received or sent. At that time they had me look on my phone to see if I had the current update. I did not so they told me how to do it. However, when I tried it said I had the current update although the version was not the newest one. They then told me to take my phone into a Verizon store and have it done. On the way I lost all my wi fi 3g or 4g abilty. Finally finding a store I did as they asked. The manager then did a factory restore on my phone and installed the latest update. The next day my texts to my daughter were considered International texting!! Since that day Feb 5th I am occuring that charge. Verizon says its motorolas problem. So now I guess I try to call them. Does anyone know how I get the right phone number to the department I need?? Verizon did send me a "used" phone that I promptly sent back to them. Their phone was so scratched and the back was warped so badly you could not read the motorola on it. That is not what I paid for!! Now I have a phone that charges me for international texting, does not send or receive all texts and all they say is SORRY. I am soooooo frustrated. If anyone can help me out of my misery I would appreciate it.:blink: