4G Verizon

Jamis0n

Reaction score
If verizon is going 4G on the twelvth is verizon going to update androids to compensate it will it not mean anything like wireless n amd wireless g roughters?

8pened!

techguru

Reaction score
You will need a new device to use 4g data. They say data cards and mifi devices until next year then handsets, although there is a rumor of a handset before christmas.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

Marco Montana

Reaction score
If verizon is going 4G on the twelvth is verizon going to update androids to compensate it will it not mean anything like wireless n amd wireless g roughters?

8pened!

I don't think it will matter for anyone unless you live downstairs from the tower!

I/we have 3g most the time I'm running around 500kbs, if I had 4g I'd be running around 500kbs... Sometime on the highway i'll run a speed test and hit ridiculous speeds around 1200kbs if I was 4g I suppose this test would be 1800 kbs or somewhere near.

I cant see it making any difference to users like myself that run between 125kbs- 1000kbs all day long depending on vicinity ?

riko540

Reaction score
You will need a new device to use 4g data. They say data cards and mifi devices until next year then handsets, although there is a rumor of a handset before christmas.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

Right unless the phone is in fact 4G capable and its just locked. I'm 100% sure that's not the case though seeing as the Android phones have been rooted and no one has mentioned or seen that capability. So you be stuck with a 3G phone until you upgrade to a 4G phone.

sent from my pocket

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Thanks guys. New to droids and wanting to learn more.

8pened!

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Would be awesome but does anyone know any specials that sprint did?

8pened!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where did you hear 4G is being released soon? I recently read a thread where someone posted information about 4G not being released until 2013.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I/we have 3g most the time I'm running around 500kbs, if I had 4g I'd be running around 500kbs... Sometime on the highway i'll run a speed test and hit ridiculous speeds around 1200kbs if I was 4g I suppose this test would be 1800 kbs or somewhere near.

I cant see it making any difference to users like myself that run between 125kbs- 1000kbs all day long depending on vicinity ?

That must be nice, i am usually running at 50-150 at work and 100-200 at home. :icon_eek: Signal is usually 1-3 bars at work and 2-4 at home.

brennan

Reaction score
Verizon will launch their LTE network in 30 cities by first quarter next year. My midwest verizon rep said the iphone should be released on verizon around the same time

brennan

Reaction score
Verizon just sent the LTE 4G collateral and coverage maps to the store I work at. This means the launch is very close. I will post a pic of the map in a little while so you guys can see the cities it will cover

tigerdango

Reaction score
Can an Android that does 3G be upgraded through firmware or software to work on the 4G network?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

brennan

Reaction score
Can an Android that does 3G be upgraded through firmware or software to work on the 4G network?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Nope, 4G uses MIMO antennas and a different chip set for the modems. All new equipment will be released with LTE