4G toggle

Reaction score
Anyone know of any that work with the GN yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use 2g/3g on/off by curvefish on my Xoom. It takes you to the mobile networks settings. There is no real 4g toggle.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
Does it not completely turn off 4G with preferred network setting in the mobile networks tab? Because that's all I did...

wcjeep

Reaction score
On the GN, goto Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>CDMA, this will completely disable 4g and allow the battery to last a bit longer.

otter34

Reaction score
That's a long toggle ;-)

cebosound

Reaction score
I was curious about a toggle also.

I checked the market. there was Nexus S 4g Toggle, 4G Toggle for RAR, etc... but i didn't see one for nexus. A toggle would be great to turn off 4g and turn on wifi while at home.

catfisher

Reaction score
The RAZR "toggle" isn't a toggle at all. It takes you to the menu so you can manually switch on or off 4g. It is a nice shortcut but it is not what we consider a toggle.

cebosound

Reaction score
The RAZR "toggle" isn't a toggle at all. It takes you to the menu so you can manually switch on or off 4g. It is a nice shortcut but it is not what we consider a toggle.

I see. Well I guess that's better than nothing. Lol.

Cstfisher, I see u have not rooted your nex yet. Do u plan on rooting in the future? I haven't yet either.

catfisher

Reaction score
No I haven't rooted yet...and yes I am going to. I am waiting just a little longer. Reason...? I just haven't the courage just yet. Still waiting for CM9 actually...

cebosound

Reaction score
No I haven't rooted yet...and yes I am going to. I am waiting just a little longer. Reason...? I just haven't the courage just yet. Still waiting for CM9 actually...

Cool.

I'm kind of in the same boat. ... Though part of the reason for me, is that occasionally my phone has a mind of its own; where random buttons are being pushed like its possesed. I have had to pull batery a couple of times. It was even doing it at bestbuy when i got it. but the girl told me if it keeps happening and doesn't clear up just bring it back and they will exchange it. I was in a hurry that day (xmas eve) so i just hoped for the best. It has been pretty good until about 30 minutes ago. .... So more than likely I will be going back to BestBuy for exchange. Then I will decide which method to choose for rooting.

pretty annoying though.

catfisher

Reaction score
Sounds like a pain man. Good luck...I will be following into the wonderful world of root soon.