4G on my razr.

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
I just got 4G in my area today. I did a speed test and I am getting anywhere from 16 to 28Mbps but when i browse the web or download apps it still seems to be the same speed as 3G. Maybe just slightly faster. I find that when i run wifi on it it is much much faster but a speed tests only says my speeds are around 10Mbps. Is anyone else noticing same as 3g speeds with 4g?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
4G is great on mine. In fact, to update my Apps I wait until I'm in a 4G area.

Kimo91

Reaction score
4G is blazing fast where I'm at. I haven't tried wifi yet but may try that soon to see if I notice any huge differences you noticed as far as wifi issue you're stating.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Zandar

Reaction score
I'm hitting an average of 6Mbps up and down on 4G (got a 34Mbps down, once, but it was a total fluke). It definitely has a faster feel than 3G (in addition to the expressed speed increase) and even feels (and tests) faster than my WiFi sometimes. If I'm far away from my router, I'll switch to 4G for a better connexion.

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
4G is it

I seldom use WiFi anymore. I have an unlimited data plan and 4G is faster.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I think the android browser is a bottle neck. I download things extremely fast, but browsing speeds don't reflect the same connection speed. It HAS to be the browser causing it to slow down a bit. Even still, browsing speeds are acceptable to me and do seem faster than my previous 3G phone.

swallman

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to try out 4G with my new RAZR yesterday. My area won't have it for about another year, but we drove to a major metro area a couple of hours away for some shopping. I couldn't believe HOW FAST it was!! The fastest I got was 27.77 download and 18.21 upload.

I did notice however that it definitely is a serious battery drain. Ended up switching back to 3G (since I wasn't browsing the web).

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
I dont get it....ugh my phone works friggin great on 3g blazing fast, if i am in a 4g area forget it. I might as well bang to rocks together and wait for rain. Ive been plagued with some weird and non-predictable data connection problem. As of right now i am on my second razor hopefully it was just something with the hardware on my other phone. Time will tell i suppose.......

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
I am in a 3 g area right now......this is from mobilespeedtest.com

Your speed: 457.143 Kbps Your latency: 0.279 seconds Transferred 100 KB in 1.75 seconds Share your results with everyone!

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Speedtest.net. ping 144 ms.....download 293 kbps. Upload 192 kbps

Last edited:

drassald

Reaction score
I also get 16-20 on my 4g. It is way faster than Wi-Fi. Have never noticed speed problems downloading anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums