4G LTE Network To Expand Into Fort Myers, Florida

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
THIS WAS TWEETED BY A VERIZON REP LINKING NTO THE PRESS RELEASE ITS GOOD NEWS FOR SOUTHWEST FLORIDA !!!!!!

4G LTE Network To Expand Into Fort Myers, Florida Area Customers to Enjoy Fastest, Most Advanced Wireless Technology

Customer Inquiries
For customer inquiries, please call 800-922-0204 or go to
Contact Us
Media Contact Info
Chuck Hamby
[email protected]
813-615-4803

09/20/2011

FORT MYERS, FL — Verizon Wireless will launch its fastest and most advanced 4G LTE (Fourth Generation/Long-Term Evolution) wireless network in the Fort Myers area on October 20, the company announced today.
With the new market launch, Fort Myers wireless consumers will have access to the power of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network with speeds up to 10 times faster than the company’s 3G network. The service already is available at Southwest Florida International Airport.
In addition to Fort Myers, Verizon’s rapidly expanding Florida 4G LTE network already includes Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Sarasota-Bradenton, Daytona Beach and Lakeland.
Nationally, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is available today in 143 cities, covering more than 160 million Americans or half the U.S. population. The company will continue to quickly broaden its 4G LTE network and is on course to cover more than 185 million Americans by the end of 2011.
“We’re pleased to lead the industry into a new era of wireless experiences,” said Pam Tope, Florida region president of Verizon Wireless. “The advantage that our customers have over those on slower, less expansive networks is profound, and this latest expansion into Fort Myers gives local businesses and consumers access to the most advanced wireless technologies in the nation right now.”
In real-world, fully loaded network environments, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink. These speeds will allow for smooth mobile video-conferencing, multiple simultaneous video streams, faster transfer of large files, downloading and running of powerful programs, machine-to-machine communications, and many other applications to improve efficiency and productivity wirelessly.
Fort Myers consumers and businesses can now choose from 12 devices that run on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, including:

• Smartphones: Pantech Breakout, DROID BIONIC by Motorola, Revolution™ by LG, DROID Charge by Samsung and ThunderBolt™ by HTC
  • Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 with 4G LTE
  • Notebooks and Netbooks: HP® Pavilion dm1-3010nr Entertainment PC and Compaq™ Mini CQ10-688nr with built-in 4G LTE
  • Hotspots: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi™ 4510L and Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot SCH-LC11
  • Modems: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE USB Modem 551L and Pantech UML290 USB Modem
As the first wireless company in the world to broadly deploy a large-scale 4G LTE network, Verizon Wireless is committed to building its 4G LTE network with the same performance and reliability for which it has long been recognized. Already, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE has won numerous technology and consumer choice awards.
The company’s consistent focus on reliability is based on rigid engineering standards and a disciplined deployment approach year after year. The company’s 700 MHz spectrum gives Verizon Wireless specific advantages with 4G LTE, including a contiguous, nationwide network license and improved in-building penetration.
Verizon Wireless is also working with rural communications companies to collaboratively build and operate a 4G LTE network in those areas using the tower and backhaul assets of the rural company combined with Verizon’s core 4G LTE equipment and premium 700 MHz spectrum. To date, 11 rural carriers have announced their participation in the LTE in Rural America program and have leased spectrum covering more than 2.1 million people in rural communities and nearly 72,000 square miles.
Visit www.verizonwireless.com/4GLTE for more information about the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
####

[h=2]Verizon Lights Up 4G LTE in 21+ New Markets on October 21[/h]
On 09.20.11, In News, by Kellex
Verizon powered on 26 new 4G LTE markets on September 15, yet are back again to announce the next wave that are expected to go live on October 21. The list is just starting to trickle out, but we are hearing that 21 spots are expected to see the LTE love. As always, we will do our best to update the list below as we see them get the nod…
New cities:

• Sioux City, IA
  • Bloomington, Bedford, Evansville & Terre Haute, IN
Expanding:

• Fort Myers, FL
Cheers Tony!

Last edited:

mariol90

Reaction score
it's about time! we've had it since december and nearly everyone has been clueless about it (especially local verizon sales people). verizon even mentions it here:
Florida Customers’ Ability To “Rule The Air” Enhanced Through $195 Million Network Investment In 2010"In December, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE launched in the core areas of Miami, Key West, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Tampa Bay, Orlando and Jacksonville, as well as at the Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers."

that's also why they're "Expanding" the coverage. i bought the thunderbolt a few days after it came out and had LTE right away. and it's worked outside of my house since april (i live in lehigh acres). the coverage is also slowly getting better, before it'd drop or become extremely slow at daniels/treeline, and now it stays connected and works a little better.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it's about time! we've had it since december and nearly everyone has been clueless about it (especially local verizon sales people). verizon even mentions it here:
Florida Customers’ Ability To “Rule The Air” Enhanced Through $195 Million Network Investment In 2010"In December, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE launched in the core areas of Miami, Key West, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Tampa Bay, Orlando and Jacksonville, as well as at the Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers."

that's also why they're "Expanding" the coverage. i bought the thunderbolt a few days after it came out and had LTE right away. and it's worked outside of my house since april (i live in lehigh acres). the coverage is also slowly getting better, before it'd drop or become extremely slow at daniels/treeline, and now it stays connected and works a little better.

Yeah dude I live in Port charlotte I am hoping I will be able to have it

fiasco135

Reaction score
I have the same issue. What's strange is that when I go into settings/folder sync it shows inbox as "manual" and of course its greyed out. Im still working on a solution.