4g LTE in Longview, TX!!!

mdotytx

Reaction score
Woohoo I am soo excited! Verizon has blessed the east Texas area with LTE! I am also happy room report No connectivity issues with my Bionic so far :-D!
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Woot, woot!! Congrats to you and East Texas!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does that include Tyler?

I grew up in Whitehouse / Tyler, went to school at LETU and ETBU. I can't believe it's there. Lol...

---
Rezounded! whatever that means... ;)

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
Does that include Tyler?

I grew up in Whitehouse / Tyler, went to school at LETU and ETBU. I can't believe it's there. Lol...

---
Rezounded! whatever that means... ;)

I am not sure about Tyler? I am traveling through that area on Tuesday so I can update then :icon_ banana:

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
oh cool!....I havent been through there in a few months :-/

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh cool!....I havent been through there in a few months :-/

I haven't either obviously, lol... though I still have family in Whitehouse... :blink:

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
wow! I have to do something....My bionic is ALREADY trying to die! I didnt realize 4g was a battery hog!...and suggestions?

DanJourney

Reaction score
I saw this as I left my dorm this morning and was so stoked!

They must have been testing it on February 27; it briefly showed up and I performed a speed test.

As far as battery goes, go into settings and wireless and network settings and scroll to the bottom and select mobile networks and select network mode: CDMA only. This only allows the 3G connection and will save battery.

Jacob2kd

Reaction score
Im in longview as well notice 1-2bars of 4g last night around 1:30am i look at that as a good sign signal will get better!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow! I have to do something....My bionic is ALREADY trying to die! I didnt realize 4g was a battery hog!...and suggestions?

In addition to turning data off when not needed, you might want to try Juice Defender. I've had it since my OG Droid days and while it didn't seem to do much with that phone, it's worked well with my Bionic.

Im in longview as well notice 1-2bars of 4g last night around 1:30am i look at that as a good sign signal will get better!

Em, the bars have nothing to do with 4G (or 3G) data signal strength; they show the signal strength of the cell phone itself. The 4G (or 3G) icon should either be White or Blue and that's it.

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
In addition to turning data off when not needed, you might want to try Juice Defender. I've had it since my OG Droid days and while it didn't seem to do much with that phone, it's worked well with my Bionic.

Em, the bars have nothing to do with 4G (or 3G) data signal strength; they show the signal strength of the cell phone itself. The 4G (or 3G) icon should either be White or Blue and that's it.

thanks I will try that. I have had a strong 4g signal all morning :). Dropped to 3g for about 30 while I was at Kilgore College's longview campus but has been strong since then. :icon_ banana:
I have to say having LTE has made me fall in love with my phone again :)

Jacob2kd

Reaction score
thanks I will try that. I have had a strong 4g signal all morning :). Dropped to 3g for about 30 while I was at Kilgore College's longview campus but has been strong since then. :icon_ banana:
I have to say having LTE has made me fall in love with my phone again :)
heck yea i was in dallas few weeks ago fall in love with LTE haha :] i nerd out when saw 4g here lastnight haha :}

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
Lol....I went nerd too :-\

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums