4G and Wi-Fi?

T

TheAlpha1550

I've noticed that ever since I updated my DROID RAZR to .181 that not only has my Wi-Fi been dropping but 4G has slowed down a bit and is a noticeable amount. Wi-Fi seems to be slower. Any reasons for this? Any solutions? Thx in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unfortunately I haven't experienced what you describe. I understood .181 to have been intended to fix some connectivity issues, and I do remember many comments that it had resulted in better data connection, less dropped data, and overall better connectivity. I also don't remember WIFI being mentioned on those comments or in the "fix" as being either an intended or unintended purpose. Perhaps others have helpful input.

Nabber

Reaction score
4G and Wi-Fi

I've had similar problems since I received the update. In my case I can't really comment on the speed, but my connection drops very frequently. It mostly occurs when I am on wifi and have a 4G connection available. The phone will just stop communicating. So far my workaround has been to turn off the wifi and let it switch to the LTE network. After a bit I can usually switch back and it also has a habit of slipping back to 3G seemingly at random.

I had the same problem prior to the previous update (I don't know the build nbr). In that case the phone was new and tech support had me remove a couple apps including AVG, then had me do a hard reset (which save for my contacts completely reset my phone! Other that losing my apps and settings, the hard reset seemed to have resolved my connection issues right up until .181 was pushed out.

So now I am back to square one except I really don't want to lose all my settings, apps and page layouts just to see if a hard reset will fix it again. I would love to see the full release notes on this build.

Robotics

Reaction score
I am having the same results, and I use a network extender at my house. Thats like having the cell tower right there in the house, and I loose connection at least once or twice a day/night. Then it takes forever to reconnect.
It isn't the extender causing this either, it also happens when I am on the road and or at work (one mile from the tower I know Verizon is on).
I might add I don't use 4g. The phone is set to look for CDMA only.

Bottom line: it has appeared to be more frequent after the update. I have just learned to live with it, but do get pretty pissed off when it does happen.

I have said it before and I will say it again; This phone (Droid Razr) is flaky as can be...period.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TheAlpha1550 said:
I've noticed that ever since I updated my DROID RAZR to .181 that not only has my Wi-Fi been dropping but 4G has slowed down a bit and is a noticeable amount. Wi-Fi seems to be slower. Any reasons for this? Any solutions? Thx in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

4g is experiencing growing pains. Its all tower related, the antennas are up, but vzw and its extended network affiliates are updating some things on some of the existing infrastructure.

That's all I can say cause its all I know :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

As far as the wifi, idk