4.5.607 OTA is temporarily pulled down by Moto.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just as a heads up, for those of you trying to use the OTA update to 4.5.607 but haven't received it yet...
Moto has pulled the 4.5.607 OTA due to there being a problem with Microsoft Exchange excryption and whatnot; as a result, we won't be able to update for a while.
I'll just quote Ace here...
Yep, Moto is retarded. They don't get that the exchange sync issue is with ALL 2.3.3 roms, but oh well. Good thing we have CM

And from Matt over at moto support forums...
We've looked into this Microsoft Exchange encryption issue with the recent software update, and we know what's going on. The update has been temporarily suspended to allow us to address this. We anticipate the update to be available soon when it is ready, and it will take care of this. Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for reporting this.

bgrade

Reaction score
im kinda a noob so how does this affect us in layman's terms

maxwellag

Reaction score
So basically this means that they have taken the update down from the server until they fix it. When they're done they'll put it back up. A lot of people already have the update. I do myself. I don't use Microsoft exchange so its not a problem for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

nivek9238

Reaction score
Well maybe they can finally fix the aweful reboot problem. it's worse than it was on Froyo. I'm rebooting like 4 times a day, just by unlocking the phone. Battery life is better though.

iguanad

Reaction score
Since they are going to fix the exchange issue, maybe they will fix the backlight and led issues as well.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Asphyx

Reaction score
im kinda a noob so how does this affect us in layman's terms
It means if you haven't yet updated via OTA you won't be able to until Moto fixes the issue and releases it.

you can't update to gingerbread.
you're going to be on froyo.
Not really. You can still get the OTA by flashing the .607 Leak but it will have the same issue with Exchange as the OTA (since they are actually the same package)

rusty815

Reaction score
Since they are going to fix the exchange issue, maybe they will fix the backlight and led issues as well.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

i hope so, the backlight issue seemed minor to me at first, but lately its been really bugging me.

im actually glad they did this, it means at least for the near future that moto is still going to support our phone.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i wish i would have payed attention to the forums and all that! i should have updated to GB! :( damn it Motorola! i dont use exchange, so i dont care about if that works! :( anyone have a link to the leaked GB? please and thanks

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I did a quick forum search for 4.5.607 OTA download and after about 1 second got this thread as a result:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/169668-4-5-607-ota-file.html

Isn't it extremely weird that just one single forum search request can get you something that you need without having to wait for a reply?

Speaking of which, Google Search for “4.5.607 OTA download” also gives that thread! Truly wondrous.

Even more wondrous is that people never read, or bother looking for something themselves. They always prefer to add more and more duplicate forum threads.

leobg

Reaction score
it is device encryption issue, if you don't enforce encryption via Activesync, exchange mail I'll work fine. I use it and it is working great (no encryption)