3G speed test, why so slow (0.5 Mbps)?

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Speed Test

I know with my Droid X speeds where not that bad. But I had to give it up because in my area of S. CA calls where dropping way too much (home). I had to go back to AT&T because they had better coverage here. Even though Verizon said a tower was near me, calls kept dropping. Yet, same place AT&T works. O well.
iPhone 4
19.42Mbps (Down) .92Mbps (Up) WiFi
3.07Mbps (Down) 1.21Mbps (Up) 3G

OP
metroplex

metroplex

Reaction score
My 3G speeds are still in the .5 Mbps download speed and I have a Droid2 non-global.

vandums

Reaction score
Im in NE Ohio and I've had instances lately where I have 3-4 bars and it shows my speed to be around 3-400 kbps. Even in areas that I remember to be around 1-1.5Mbps test at 600-700K now. If and when the iPhone hits Verizon the network os going to become almost useless.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
metroplex

metroplex

Reaction score
I will be at full bars with "3G" on the taskbar, and it will show download speeds of about 0.3-0.5 Mbps MAX. My upload speeds are totally pitiful, at about 0.1-0.2 Mbps MAX. Southeast Michigan, populated urban area of Michigan. No tall buildings in sight, no hills or mountains, etc...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just went to my3gspeed and I only got 0.22mbps down, that's total crap. I am only 3/4 of a mile from my house and with speedtest app I get 0.18mbps down and 0.35 mbps up. That's horrid. I used to get well over 1.5mbps down and 1mbps up on my droid before I upgraded to android 2.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

vandums

Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is. When I had my Eris I always got at least twice the speed as I measure with my D2.