3G not turning on

xious

Reaction score
[SOLVED] 3G not turning on

My 3G connection was working just fine yesterday morning. And then about mid-day, it just disappeared and hasn't come back on since. I have rebooted, changed ROMs, changed kernels, turned the data off and back on several times, gone into airplane mode a couple times, and nothing seems to work. When I flash a new kernel and reboot, the 3G comes on a for a couple seconds and then goes away almost immediately. What is causing this problem?

I have been on Froyo since the first leak, recently went to BB0.3 and just updated to BB0.4 last night. I didn't make any changes when the 3G first went off. I also updated my baseband to C_01.43.01P, but that was a few weeks ago. Anyone have an idea of what else I can try?

X

Last edited:

justicw

Reaction score
Check to see if the Baseband changed as mine did when I switched (don't konw why) but I too lost all 3g for a whole day. I reinstalled the baseband update and it fixed it.

bradgsanford

Reaction score
I'n not rooted so my answer may be useless to you but I had the same problem all morning long.

I ended up reinstalling the switchpro widget and having one of the buttons be for data connection. sure enough it was not turned on. toggling it gave me 3g just like that.

there's probably a better, more effecient way of turning this on and off in the system settings that i just don't know about.

OP
X

xious

Reaction score
Check to see if the Baseband changed as mine did when I switched (don't konw why) but I too lost all 3g for a whole day. I reinstalled the baseband update and it fixed it.

I reinstalled the baseband and it didn't do anything for me.

I'n not rooted so my answer may be useless to you but I had the same problem all morning long.

I ended up reinstalling the switchpro widget and having one of the buttons be for data connection. sure enough it was not turned on. toggling it gave me 3g just like that.

there's probably a better, more effecient way of turning this on and off in the system settings that i just don't know about.

Come to think of it, there was an update for the Switchpro Widget yesterday. There is an option under Settings that you can turn the data connection on and off, however that setting wasn't doing anything for me. So I removed the Switchpro widget and readded it with the data connection, and there it was. Data was turned off. Toggling that setting brought my 3G back. Ugh, what a pain in the arse! But thanks, brad.

X

jcardona1

Reaction score
same thing started happening after i updated all my apps this morning. couldnt figure out which stupid app broke my 3g connection. apparently it was switchpro. now i'm good to go!