3g disconnects when talking to someone at the same time

droidster100

Reaction score
It seems when i'm on the phone with someone i get disconnected from 3g and cannot browse with the 3g. However with wifi i can use it(browse) with talking to someone at the same time.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems when i'm on the phone with someone i get disconnected from 3g and cannot browse with the 3g. However with wifi i can use it(browse) with talking to someone at the same time.

Did you miss all the Luke Wilson ads about us not being able to browse and talk?

Anyway, that's normal.

harrellj

Reaction score
Yep, VZW and Sprint both use CDMA for their 3G protocol and it won't allows talking and data simultaneously. However, LTE (which is supposed to start rolling out soon) won't have that problem (unless you get bumped to 3G).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yep, VZW and Sprint both use CDMA for their 3G protocol and it won't allows talking and data simultaneously. However, LTE (which is supposed to start rolling out soon) won't have that problem (unless you get bumped to 3G).

+1! Supposed to start rolling out later this year! dancedroiddancedroid

harrellj

Reaction score

'Course, none of our phones are compatible with LTE anyways.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

'Course, none of our phones are compatible with LTE anyways.

True. I can upgrade in January though! ;)