3g and wifi question

ctxx24

Reaction score
If you have any other wireless devices connecting to the router there might be some conflicting IP issues. You can try to set "Enable Auto IP" and see if it improves.

Head to Settings > Wireless & Network Settings > WiFi Settings > Hit the Menu Button > Advanced > Enable Auto IP.

It worked for me....i got this off another forum and cant take credit...

caveritt

Reaction score
I am getting a replacement tomorrow for a different issue but I will be interested to see if I still have wireless issues with the new phone. My router is 802.11g and is only using WEP so I know it could not be any of the other issues with 802.11n.

Really disappointed that something as simple as wireless, which has worked perfectly since my HTC Vogue has problems on my DX.

:mad:

Makes me really consider switching over to the DInc.

ctxx24

Reaction score
I am getting a replacement tomorrow for a different issue but I will be interested to see if I still have wireless issues with the new phone. My router is 802.11g and is only using WEP so I know it could not be any of the other issues with 802.11n.

Really disappointed that something as simple as wireless, which has worked perfectly since my HTC Vogue has problems on my DX.

:mad:

Makes me really consider switching over to the DInc.

did u try what i just said.....my wifi would come for a few and go off endless cycle i unchecked it and no more probs

caveritt

Reaction score
Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried when I started realizing I had a problem. Could this have anything to do with overclocking or rooting. Are their any non-root DX users out there that still have this problem.

I changed my router to WPA-PSA (TKIP) and the disconnects and speed problems seem to be gone but the wifi toggle switch still is not working.

I am still super ticked off at the DX. I have not seen this kinda crap since to days of the WinMo Treos. So from here I just need to go convince all the places I go that have WiFi to make sure they set there WAPs up with WPA so I can connect on my DX. Moto, Google, Verizon, whoever, really need to figure this out.

G

gatewayad

Have had the DX for 3 days wifi sucks wont hold a connection keeps dropping in and out. mine is not rooted also having the volume issue cant hear ringing incoming calls. Guess I'll call Verizon again. May just return it and keep my D1 not sure if I want to go for #2 brings back bad memories of the never ending problems i had with the first BBStorm

Chaosds

Reaction score
Have had the DX for a week or two now and loving it, except for this wifi issue. Rural area so not a lot of wifi hotspots available but I can connect to a neighbors wifi. It is a belkin 54g but the signal is way to weak to do anything. My router is also a belkin but a newer belkin enhanced with N. The droid sees the network but does not connect. I have tried all these suggestions, switched to G, changed from wpa2/aes to tkip, tried wep, and no security whatsoever but wont connect to my router. Any suggestions? Any help appreciated.
Update: Connected to a friends router that is exact model as mine. Why wont it connect to my router. Router also has the option of wps which is the push button or pin # to connect and it seems to connect for a second then dx says disconnected. Any help appreciated.

1barlog17

Reaction score
Wish I Knew

I have the same type of problems. I have never owned a router but I live in apartments and with my D1 I never had a problem picking up open wifi spots in my complex. Ever since I got my DX the only place i can pick up a wifi connection is down the street at Vons. The guy right above me always leaves his router open so I got full bars and my phone says its connected but if i try to go to the market or the web it says no connection. I've heard that it's a software problem from Motorola and I think DL so let's hope it gets fixed with 2.2