3500mah battery overheated.....

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
i have had the dinc, 3500mah battery, and seidio extended battery case for about a month or two. i have never had a problem with the phones charging or heat; ive been using the htc wall charger that came with the phone from verizon.
Last night I plugged it in to charge and put it under the corner of my pillow like i do every night, but when my neighbors drilling with a jack hammer woke me up at 7am and I went to check my phone, I PRACTICALLY GOT 3RD DEGREE BURNS! it was hotter than a baking pan just out of the oven without mitts on.
Last night when I checked on it charging, last I saw was that it had charged up to 40%. This morning it had not only stopped charging but was down to about 15% battery.

i let it cool for about 20 mins and just plugged it in and so far its charging normally.

Anyone have any guesses (educated or wild) as to what the hell happened last night?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
3rd degree burns are composted of charred flesh....maybe a lil over the top?

I'd say the battery is defective and you should get a replacement, I would use the stock one til the new one came in.

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
i have had the dinc, 3500mah battery, and seidio extended battery case for about a month or two. i have never had a problem with the phones charging or heat; ive been using the htc wall charger that came with the phone from verizon.
Last night I plugged it in to charge and put it under the corner of my pillow like i do every night, but when my neighbors drilling with a jack hammer woke me up at 7am and I went to check my phone, I PRACTICALLY GOT 3RD DEGREE BURNS! it was hotter than a baking pan just out of the oven without mitts on.
Last night when I checked on it charging, last I saw was that it had charged up to 40%. This morning it had not only stopped charging but was down to about 15% battery.

i let it cool for about 20 mins and just plugged it in and so far its charging normally.

Anyone have any guesses (educated or wild) as to what the hell happened last night?

That happened to me as well with my 3500 Seidio and I had it just sitting on a table. How is you battery life?. I'm not impressed with mine. I hardly make it from 8AM to 9PM the same day.

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
mine was excellent for the forstweek or so, but recently im not noticing much improvement over the stock battery that came with the phone. i feel the battery life definitely has gotten worse over time.
i bought mine through amazon and wrote to them about the issue and i am getting a replacement battery sent soon. hopefully the new one will not have the same issue but if it does, i will definitely be writing to let seidio know.

keep me posted on how yours is doing

update:
finally got new battery and have it all charged up. so far everything is good.

ps. to people griping about it being under pillow....i kept it like that every night for a month with no issues.
also was more like on the side of my bed next to pillow rather than under. that was NOT the issue