3500/3800 mah batteries on ebay, are they legit?

sd3232

Reaction score
did anyone buy those extended batteries by 3rd party, 3500mah and 3800mah on ebay? if you did, is it any good? im thinking about gettin one of those, 2100mah is not enough

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
IDK about for the Nexus, but I bought a 3500 mAh battery for my X off ebay and its been good. Its just freakishly huge haha

X

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally don't trust eBay unless the seller is a legit company. For example, bought my sgp screen protector from eBay but I saw the seller was sgpusa, so directly from sgp

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BadWolf

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't buy it. There's no antenna for the NFC radio in it. The back cover looks butt ugly. No one will ever make a decent case for it. I bought 2 extended batteries for mine while they were on sale. 2 for the price of one.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I bought one of those cheap 1900maH batteries with the battery charger off eBay it hasn't gotten here yet and I don't expect much from it but it was just over $8 so no big loss.. I don't see the point of extra batteries without a standalone charger too, and I don't really wanna add a lot of extra bulk to such a sleek phone..

Reaction score
no thanks to 3rd party batteries. i'm not interested in experiencing a cell phone spontaneously combusting :icon_eek:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally don't trust eBay unless the seller is a legit company. For example, bought my sgp screen protector from eBay but I saw the seller was sgpusa, so directly from sgp

when it comes to batteries, even a legit company will rip you off. i wouldn't buy a battery from anyone except the manufacturer of the phone.
BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!