32gb Sandisk Micro SD Card?

jason2516

Reaction score
Ok, I've looked everywhere for the answer to this. Sorry if this is a duplicate of another post.

I just recently purchased a 32gb micro SD card and installed it in my Droid incredible. For some reason every once in a while the notification bar will say "Memory Card mounted, read only" When I tap on the notification it goes into "preparing storage card" and everything is fine. Then later it'll pop up with the same error of "mounted read only" and I repeat the process. Anybody know why this happens?

By the way, I can save things to the card between errors but not when it says mounted read only. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

candacenic

Reaction score
I was told you have to re format your sd card to your new phone.

OP
J

jason2516

Reaction score
So far so good, I formatted the card and it hasn't had an error since. Formatted 4-5 hrs ago. Thanks!

candacenic

Reaction score
Oh good, I'm glad I could help

OP
J

jason2516

Reaction score
I thought I formatted it the first time when I first put it in the phone but I guess not. I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) since I formatted today. Thanks again! Wow, what a simple fix.

Mitchellpaul

Reaction score
How do you format a new card? I saw a bundle at Walmart that comes with a 8gb scandisk card for $20, does this sound too good to be true, cuz I heard there's different classes of cards.

OP
J

jason2516

Reaction score
OK, never mind! Back to the same problem. "mounted read only" !!!!!! WHAT THE HECK! I put my 2gb back in my phone.

macnkat

Reaction score
How do you format a new card? I saw a bundle at Walmart that comes with a 8gb scandisk card for $20, does this sound too good to be true, cuz I heard there's different classes of cards.

To format a new card I think it's easiest to put in in your PC and do it there. My Comp>find the card>right click>format. Be sure to format it in FAT 32 for the Dinc.

Also, Scandisk is as good a card as any IMO.

candacenic

Reaction score
Hoe I formatted my SD card was I installed my card into my phone, go to settings>SD & phone storage>format SD card. I t was told to try that and have had no problems at all.